My 120GB Hard Problem

Ok when I download or try to download the battlefiled bad company 2 updates and other stuff from my history,my hard drive clicks then restarts my console and comes back to the sign in screen what can i do 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I have a couple of suggestions for you. 1) Check the hard drive. Make sure it is seated and connected properly to the unit. If you need help with this, just let me know which xbox you have and I will walk you through the steps. 2) If the hard drive is firmly secured, you could try #2) formatting the drive. Although this will erase all your game saves and downloads (achievements will be safe), this can also tell you if there is a problem with the drive. If it formats just fine, then the drive is ok. 3) This is the easiest and best way to handle this situation if the hard drive is secured and you don't want to lose any of your saves or downloads. It is highly probable that there is a problem with your drive. ( As long as you made sure that it is properly placed ) Like I stated before, a format could save you money, but this is the easiest way to go. Go out and get a new drive, preferrably the 320gb and a transfer cable. Follow the instructions to transfer your data to the new drive and you are ready to go. I hope this helps, let me know what you decided to do or if you need further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would just like to add this to the post

forums.xbox.com/.../14226.aspx

Some information regarding data transfer cables.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, look through your hard drive on the console and if you see any corrupt files delete then, they can be the cause of hard drive related issues.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to add that if the format fails or the format works but you still have the same 'clicking sound' from your hard drive, the drive is faulty and you will need to replace it.  One of a first signs of hard drive failure is 'clicking' or 'clunking' noise.  This is the same for all hard drives, on consoles and PC/Laptops.

Sorry this didn't help.