My 120g Harddrive on the s console won't read

So my new xbox i got christmas time has always been slow freezes all the time and just last week it seems to every other day make my hard drive unformatted. Any words of advice or help? It's also sad that the new xbox is worse off than the original arcade, owned an arcade for 3 years no problem and get the new and best one and its a pile of crap......

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="voteDC"]

As mentioned above there are no official 120gb hard drives for the Slim, the smallest official drive you can get for the Slim is 250gb.

-

To use a 120gb hard drive in the Slim you either need to crack the case on an old style hard drive or buy a third party one, neither of which Microsoft support and consider violations of the terms of use.

[/quote]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As mentioned above there are no official 120gb hard drives for the Slim, the smallest official drive you can get for the Slim is 250gb.

-

To use a 120gb hard drive in the Slim you either need to crack the case on an old style hard drive or buy a third party one, neither of which Microsoft support and consider violations of the terms of use.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't found any that are made by microsoft. I think that's what he's talking about.

Sorry this didn't help.

What are you talking about VoteDC, there ARE 120GB HD for the slim. You just need to type in google to know that much... Heck it comes with 120GB if you bought that version.

Sorry this didn't help.

Since there is no 120gb hard drive for the Slim I'm assuming you removed the old one from its housing? Technically that is against the terms of use.

-

Are you sure the drive is connected correctly inside the Slim, as the problem could be caused by a poor connection.

Sorry this didn't help.