MW3 xbox controller

i paid £40 for a limited MW3 controller and all ready the analog left button has a mind of its own sticking down to the right and gost drifting

do i have any rights as i have owend it for 7months  i just think its a bit of a rip for the price

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="MQDx"]Joypads aren't electrical, they're battery powered. Wired pads are USB powered.[/quote]

They are still an electrical product even if they run on batteries.

are you in the UK or the US?

if you scroll down to where the out of warranty repair price is,does it give a price in pounds or dollars?

After 7mnths? I doubt it.

What is the warranty period for Xbox 360 consoles and accessories?

The warranties are:

Xbox 360 console: One year

Original Xbox 360 console with three flashing red lights or error E74: Three years from the console purchase date (not applicable to the Xbox 360 S console)

Kinect sensor: One year

Accessories: One year

-

Quoted from the support forum.

-

also shops selling electrical items must offer 12 months warranty on electrical goods in compliance with the manufacturers warranty.

with a receipt and proof that it was not deliberate neglect by the customer you are entitled to a refund or replacement,by law.

all electrical products sold new in the uk have a 12 month manufacturers warranty.

if you have the receipt you can get a refund or replacement from the shop you bought it.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]Accessories: One year[/quote]

Funny that mine reads this then 

The warranties are:

• Xbox 360 console on the Xbox 360 Entertainment For All Plan (formerly the “2 year Xbox LIVE Gold contract subscription”): One year
  • Xbox 360 console: One year
  • Original Xbox 360 console with three flashing red lights or error E74: Three years from the console purchase date (not applicable to the Xbox 360 S console)
  • Kinect sensor: One year
  • Accessories: 90 days

I've still got my MW3 controller (tbh it's on eBay atm) and it still works fine although I've had quite a few controllers that didn't even last 7 months.

A controller isnt covered as an electrical product. Its 90 days for a controller

Both my Gears Of War controllers only lasted several months and the one only had light use, one has a stiff RB button and the other has a dodgy analogue stick, to be honest all of the controllers i've purchased over the last couple of years don't last long at all, i always end up go back to my good old white pad which is still in perfect working order apart from the wear on the rubber sticks.

Im in the UK