MW3 is unplayable

I have done everything in my power to confirm everything on my end, everything is as it should be. I've also confirmed that my console has never been hacked. My ISP has been out to my house numerous times, and I have been on the phone with them numerous times. My console has been cleared of anything I do not need. Memory is at it's finest it's ever been. Today I was told that Xbox Live, or even the game creator, or both, can,do, and will manipulate ones connection speed in order to dumb you down so one player cannot have an advantage over another. This has been stated many more times by others that I have spoken with. I seek the truth on this matter to put it to rest once and for all. Can you provide the information I need to confirm your statements if you say this is false. As of now I cannot play MW3, and can barely play Black Ops. My last Xbox update was on a Friday. Ever since then it's been horrible online gameplay. Every time I make an improvement to ensure my Xbox is in optimal working condition, I'm forced to download an update. Gotta fix to clear the squeaky clean name of Xbox Live and Microsoft? If you feel there is something I've missed, please tell me so I can fix it. Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Question before this goes any further and we get all sorts in here agreeing. Black Ops and MW3 are games made and published by Treyarch, Infinity Ward and Activision. Therefore why would Microsoft have anything to do with how those games are made, the netcode used or how they function once out in the wild?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you say it's been horrible online gameplay do you mean lag? If you are comfortable with accessing your routers settings have you tried placing your xbox into the DMZ so that the xbox is effectively the first device that connects to the internet? From my own experience I have found this solution to improve online gameplay.

Another thing you could check is interleaving. Your will need to check with your ISP to see if it is switched on or not. On for a more stable but slightly slower connection, Off for faster but less stable connection.

The length and quality of your telephone line will determine what setting is best for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Digitalburnout"]

The length and quality of your telephone line will determine what setting is best for you.

[/quote]

What does this have to do with his issue? He didn't mention that he used DSL.

@OP-What make and model router do you have? How does your console connect to your network? Wired or Wireless? Who is your ISP? What is your connection speed? For the latter go to speedtest.net and run three tests; one close to you, one far from you (in another country) and one in between. Then post the results, DL/UL & Ping here for us.

Sorry this didn't help.