MW3 has started banning players

The developers behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 say they have banned more than 1,000 players from the online version.

Infinity Ward's Creative Strategist, Robert Bowling, used Twitter to explain what was happening.

"Any attempt to cheat, hack, or glitch in #MW3 will not be tolerated. 1600+ bans issued. Updates in works."

He then went on to answer questions from his followers about how to report gamers suspected of cheating.

"There's a button in game after a match," he said. "Click on them in the lobby and it gives option to View Gamercard + Report Player.

"Stats are always recorded, we can verify and detect cheating without video proof."

Full report - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15852554

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thats nothing compared to how many people playing the game

Suppose theres a first for everything, but like Don said, thats nothing compared to how many people own the game, might aswell not of bothered really.

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

Suppose theres a first for everything, but like Don said, thats nothing compared to how many people own the game, might aswell not of bothered really.

[/quote]

Really? People moan that they don't do any bans or aren't interested etc. When they do, this is what is said? I'm sure it will increase as time goes on. Everything starts somewhere.

Really, depending on where you read it, MW3 has sold upto 6.5 million copies, banning a few hundred morons is literally nothing. Hire more people, dish out more bans, its not like theres a shortage on COD games.

I'm happy with this. it's a start and it's better then ignoring it completely!

@Mexicola, I understand what your saying and do kind of agree with you. Alot more work needs to be done. But as Sparkle said, it's a start and hopefully they will continue to go in the right direction. But saying that they shouldn't have bothered is wrong. Sure they may have done 1600 this time..but what if next time it's 160,000. Then 500,000.

Not advertising for a main UK retailer but...."every little helps!"...

It will never be 160,000. They should of waited to announce this 'news' till they had banned a good decent number of people. Like i said, they could of hired more people, im sure out of those 6.5 million players theres a good chunk of people being numptys, banned them and then reported that. IW bans 15k players or 20k players for cheating/boosting looks alot more better/news worthy then a few hundred.

Dont get me wrong, it IS a good thing, but for the amount of people who own the game compared to how many banned, it just doesnt seem worth it

Fourtwozero tweeted last week that 1600+ players had been banned from the online since launch. If you take a look at the suspensions forums, you will see almost every thread is a result of someone who has recently played MW3 has been banned as a result of modding their avatar or doing something inside the game. There is always a ban wave when a CoD game comes out...and with the millions of people playing it, a few thousand isnt really going to make a dent in the grand scheme of things but at least they are doing something or trying to at least

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

It will never be 160,000. They should of waited to announce this 'news' till they had banned a good decent number of people. Like i said, they could of hired more people, im sure out of those 6.5 million players theres a good chunk of people being numptys, banned them and then reported that. IW bans 15k players or 20k players for cheating/boosting looks alot more better/news worthy then a few hundred.

Dont get me wrong, it IS a good thing, but for the amount of people who own the game compared to how many banned, it just doesnt seem worth it

[/quote]

I agree with that. Or just state that they have started the ban waves but not gone into numbers or something.