mw3 disc unreadable/not recognized need help!

I waited on line for 2 hours at the midnight release for mw3 and when i got home and put the disc in it was unreadable. So the next day i went and exchanged it and it was also unreadable so i tried all my games, and they all worked so i took mw3 to my friends house on his xbox and it worked perfectly fine. so i called xbox support and was on the phone with them multiple times and we did everything known to do and no solution. Anyone have any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

just to be sure. Your xbox is currently up to date with Xbox live and such?......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, And you might have a problem with your DVD drive. Check if any other Xbox 360 games read, if not, then you might be in need of a new DVD drive. You can send in your Xbox 360 console to Microsoft and have them repair the damages, or not play MW3?

Hope i helped!

Enjoy!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had the same problem since day 1.  Only at first, it came up once a day.  Now, I'm lucky if I get through 2 matches.  

I've read lots of things online and tried most of them.  Clean the lens on the DVD drive (both using compressed air and Q-tips to clean the lens), installing the game to your hard drive (had to use my step-son's console), cleaning the disc (HA!), cleaning out system, etc. etc.  None work.

I'm hearing it might be an issue where one of the machines used to make the discs might have had a bad copy to where it might have messed up one of the layers on the DVD.  So nothing short of a return for a new disc will fix the problem - only many give you more time in between the error messages.

Sorry this didn't help.

it seems that you are talking about dis-asembleing an Xbox 360 console. that is

1.Not alowed on the fourns

2.Against the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct

3. Now if you did take the console apart, it is not available for ANY Microsoft repair. Your warranty is VOID

If you did not take it apart:

Don't go sticking stuff (other than the games and DVDS) into the DVD drive of the Xbox 360 console. It will only damage it more. If you have a problem with your console or game, call Xbox support

1-800-4MYXBOX (Number for North America)

Sorry this didn't help.

Try installing the game to your HDD. If its faulty, it wont install, if it installs play from HDD and not disc.

I had this with Forza 4 and installing solved the issue!

hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

thanx for all the suggestions. just to be clear the disc is fine because i brought the game to my friends house and played it and my Xbox is fine because the rest of my games work. im thinking of bringing my hard drive to my friends house and putting it in his xbox and installing it to my hard drive from his xbox and it shud be fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

^That will not work. When you install a game to a hdd, it is applyed to the xbox that it was installed on. Therefore, when you try to go play on your xbox. It will say install game even though its installed to the xbox. This is due to Copyright laws and to prevent pirating.

Sorry this didn't help.

ya i kind of just figured that out. im guessing i have to wait for an update to come out or buy a new xbox. this game is a waste of money for me at this point and certainly a waste of time considering i waited on line for 2 hours to get this game and exchanged it once. oh and it doesnt install when i try to from my xbox but i know the disc is fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

There's been an issue with an update rendering MW3 unplayable. Not sure what the current solution is (if there is one).

Sorry this didn't help.

I am very pissed off at this point and from what i hear, my only solution is to buy a new Xbox. I am definitely not buying a new Xbox, Ps3 maybe but not Xbox. i put way too much time in to try to fix my Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.