Must test connection before I can connect to Xbox Live

I was asked to start a new thread even though there is at least one going that seems to address this same issue.  Suddenly, when I start the xbox, I am not automatically signed into xbox live, and when I attempt to, it fails, and asks me if I want to test the connection.  When I do, the connection is fine, & then it works (though I did just get booted from xbox live for the first time after doing this).  I was also asked to provide the following details from the status page after the network test.

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wireless

D: 68.105.28.11, 68.105.29.11

S: WPA2

C: 149

I have tried manually setting my DNS as suggested in the other thread, but that did not work.  For what it's worth, the xbox seems to be behaving sluggishly, but not sure if that has to do with the network issues or not.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Jep! Thanks for starting a new post and providing that info. There's a little more info we need. Can you answer all the bold questions found in this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx).

I also notice that you are using a wireless connection. Just for testing, can you try a wired connection and see if that has the same results, or if you are able to connect. If you can connect properly to the wired connection, try resetting your network settings on the console and set the wireless network back up from scratch. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Live is up & running.  I am not banned or suspended.  

I tried a wired connection & it worked immediately.  I have now reset the network setup with the wireless, and on first start up it worked, but this has happened before.  On 2nd start up, it has worked again.  We'll see if it continues, but I have my doubts.  Is it possible my wireless adapter (it's the official xbox wireless adapter, but it is quite old) simply stopped working correctly?  I have another wireless adapter (not microsoft or official xbox) that I can try.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there jep!

If you find yourself stuck again. Try this guide www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../111-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless And see if you are able to find a solution.

Sorry this didn't help.