Multiple Xboxs under 1 Roof for years. First issue this week.

Ok, I'm at wits end here. I have no clue how to run this problem out so i'm hoping someone can assist me.

We're a family of gamers. We have 4 xbox 360s connected to Live in the house. For quite some time we've been able to use all the Xbox's to play online, Since Call of Duty: World at War. All NAT types read Open and we've been able to find games quite easy.

One of them had a failed DVD Drive since last year (an Xbox 360 Pro from launch.) I just purchased an Xbox S Holiday Bundle to replace it. When I put it into the Network at home, everything seemed fine.

Now the problem. With Modern Warfare 3, If I play on my gamertag solo, I can find games quite easily. My bro (his is an older 360 with a 60 GB HDD) can also find games on his own. But the problem is when we play at the same time, Either My Xbox or His Xbox will not be able to find a game. If we join a party, we can't locate a game together either.

The weirdest thing is, If I go to play on the Living Room Xbox (A MW2 Elite 360,) we can play just fine. If I use the 4th Xbox (an Xbox S Holiday Bundle from last year,) we can play fine as well. It's when I play with him with my newly purchased Xbox that we have issues. I've tried to play through Wireless and Wired on the new Xbox to see if the issue was just connection.

The main Router is an Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 - Verizon FiOS, with a D-Link DI-624 used as an extension (Disabled DHCP and other settings to prevent a conflict between the 2 routers, basically making the D-Link a Slave.) This network has been configured like this for about 4 or 5 years (with the Verizon Router replacing a D-Link Gaming Router 2 years ago as the main with the swap in ISP.)

Error Status from the 2 Xbox:

New Xbox S

W: 0000 - 0021
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 20A8 - 4840
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF

Old Xbox Pro

W: 0000 - 000B

Everything has been golden until I got that new Xbox. Any Clues?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

After doing a bit more digging, I see the main problem may have to deal w/ the connection.

From xbox.webbuzz.ca/.../10335.htm

---------------------------------------------------------

W Update: The W code changes depending on your "flow" rate half duplex or full duplex. (Special thanks to Cutriss)

X. First of all, the first four numbers of x should always be zeros. They SHOULD always but I haven't seen one that isn't. If it isn't that is most likely not a problem

Y. 00A8 seems to be common among banned and not banned boxes. Now here is where the problem is. Apparently 6860 indicates an LPC mod that is enabled or a non switched non-LPC mod enabled. 6820 means that the system had once had a modchip in it but at the moment is not running. Other wise it should be something like 4840 or 4820.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the next step is to figure out how to flip the code to be proper. The Flow Rate. My Guess is Full Duplex will net a better output than Half. So, now to figure out how to get 21 to become 0B! Any guesses?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Now after Resetting the Verizon Router back to factory, replacing all settings, and giving the network 5 minutes to reset, I was able to correct the Error Status Codes. Both read:

W: 0000 - 000B

Although, I'd bet that the reason the Slim was different was due to the Wireless being enabled. I have it on Wired now.

While both are now on par, I'm still having issues connecting to MW3 Games. I think it's safe to chalk this issue up to MW3's Netcode (just played some Castle Crashers w/o a hitch, and I'd Test MW2... but thats MIA.) Something still doesn't feel right (i.e. being able to play MW3 between the both of us on the other xboxs.) I have no clue why this is happening or of a proper way to fix this...

Sorry this didn't help.

Tested more games (Castlevania HD, Bioshock 2, and a few other Arcade games,) and whenever we join together, netplay becomes dysfunctional (rooms stop gathering people, denying ppl access to the room, etc.) This only happens when both these Xbox connect to each other through XBL... I'm wondering if the upcoming December Update will help to steady the connections on the Slim Models...

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't speak for the Actiontec being able to support multiple Xboxes with an Open NAT, maybe your ISP push a firmware update that has upset things?

I know certain versions of the DI-624 support multiple Xboxes with Open NAT with the right firmware though

Sorry this didn't help.

That may be Shad0wman, I see that with a recent firmware update, ActionTec forces one port open for "Verizon Services." I can't even disable that rule.

One thing I did do now was click to enable all WAN connections to be Published on that router under UPnP. It lets the both of us play together now... but the major drawback that basically smashes the solution to bits is that it causes NAT Type to be Moderate. Opening Ports would only let one of the Xbox's be free, but leaves the other 3 punished... Goddamnit, I can't even call it a temporary solution...

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure if its an option for you but another way to do it would be do "dumb down" the Actiontec and put it into bridging mode and let your Dlink or a.n.other router that can cope with multiple Xboxes do the work

Sorry this didn't help.

A Good Idea, Shadow, but the problem is the ActionTec is a combo. It's a Router and the Modem controlling cable boxes and stuff... It has to run as the primary router. due to the coax cable...

Some More Info.

For the W Code in the Error Support Code, It's transmission type. 0B for Wired and 21 for Wireless. No Major Issue here.

I've also boiled down the issue between 2 things. 1, the ActionTec Router. UPnP has been bugged for quite some time, but nothing has been done. I've managed to keep the router from being updated after hearing this, but that one sneaky backdoor updated it to the latest. No Rollback Possible now...

the 2nd thing is the Xbox Slim! Something new had been introduced into the system for it to cause this much mayhem. If Last Year's Slim can connect w/ the MW2 Elite 360 and the Pro 360 with no problem, yet the new Slim can't as much as connect to the same room as any of the other 3 Xbox's w/o causing a lockdown... something gotta give.

It may be a combination of the 2, but I wanna say something is up with the new Slim Xbox Consoles. Something has been changed in them that may be the major cause of this problem. I've read quite a few ppl are having trouble connecting multiple xbox (both slim and some old) to the internet through the ActionTec router...

Sorry this didn't help.

I would certainly expect it to be the Actiontec being the problem, not many routers can do what you want to do:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection it may have worked in the past and a recent firmware update has messed things up

As per that link UPnP is key to getting this working, if it doesn't work properly some of the Xboxes will suffer a moderate/strict NAT

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Stuff Shadow, but to no avail...

Did some pairing of Xbox's in multiplayer:

The 2011 Slim Will NOT party up properly with any of the older consoles

The Older Consoles (Pro, Elite, and 2010 Slim) can party up fine with any of themselves, just not with the 2011 Slim.

I'm just getting insanely frustrated nao. ActionTec giving the run around, forcing a firmware update I DID NOT WANT and the Slim just not connecting properly... I'm losing it over here and I dont wanna send my Xbox I just got for a repair (cuz it most certainly looks like something on MS' End may be the underlying cause...)

Sorry this didn't help.

Not even Port Triggering helps here... Hopefully getting @ Verizon will get the router swapped...

Sorry this didn't help.