Multiple xboxs disconnect each other from live when signed in

We have 3 xboxes, two 360 S and one 2006 model. Whenever the slim xboxes connect to xbl, there is no problems.

The older xbox can connect to xbl while one of the slim xboxes are connected with no problems, however when it connects xbl while the second slim console is connected it will disconnect the slim console from live.

However if the old xbox is connected to xbl and the affected slim console connects to live, it will disconnect the old console from xbl.

We have tried a few ways to try to fix the problem, we have made sure UPnP is on, we tried setting static IP's to both affected consoles to no avail, we even contacted our ISP to change the network channel, which had no effect.

We just don't know what the cause to this problem is and will appreciate any help you can give.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

@Dazza Man 2000 You will always have the option to setup the Netgear VMDG280 in bridge mode which enables it to operate as standard modem. Then you can make the selection of different router's that are Xbox LIVE certified and support multiple xboxes.

Xbox LIVE certified hardware list

How to connect a router to the Virgin Media Super Hub

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]

If you use UPnP you don´t need Static IP´s. On my Xbox (only one) I use UPnP and if I give my XBOX an Static IP my NAT type gets back to moderate. That makes no sense for me - maybe it´s the implementation of UPnP in my router.

[/quote]

The reason why having a static IP gives you moderate NAT is because you need to Port Forward port 3074 (as stated from other posts) not of how UPnP is implemented (though that will affect how easily a person can connect multiple consoles.)

I do plan to change the settings when I get a chance to access the affected console's network settings (which may be a while :( )

Sorry this didn't help.

If you use UPnP you don´t need Static IP´s. On my Xbox (only one) I use UPnP and if I give my XBOX an Static IP my NAT type gets back to moderate. That makes no sense for me - maybe it´s the implementation of UPnP in my router. Only if I don´t give my xbox a static IP and use UPnP my XBOX works with open NAT. Try to change your xbox to a non static IP Adress. and restart your Router.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Symbiot, I understand what you are saying but I can't technically use more than 1 static IP (since I should of stated that all consoles are connected wirelessly) and 1 console is already using static IP (the affected 360 S)

With reseting the router and such, it would probably fix the router for all I know. Since I have known that we have had all 3 consoles connected at once (with a netgear router), so it must be something internal.

With my router/modem model look at my second post. It should explain more. (Sorry I didn't want to write everything about the router again.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Also. check out the sticky on how to resolve NAT and multiplayer/ console connection issues. It basically reinforces what I was saying and will show you the extra few ports you can forward, (sorry, it was about 8 months ago when I had this problem and I struggled to remember the finer drtails). It also reaffirms what I was saying about the actual ability of your router to implement PnP/UPnP effectively and it seems Netgear routers just don't do it well at all.

C. Bennett

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Dazza Man, I had this problem also, we have 3 xbox360's in our household and a friend came around with his so we could all play MW 3 and L4D2 together. I have an original and two xbox360S consoles, my friends console is also an xbox360S. The 3 consoles I own are all connected via Ethernet cable and my friends was connected wirelessly. When we tried to play, 3 consoles were ok, but the last one to connect would always cause one of the others to no longer be able to be in the party,  it mattered not how old the consoles were. I tried calling Microsoft support and they thied to help by telling me to have Static IP addresses and also explained, as another person has mentioned, that you cant port forwad port 3074 to multiple xboxes and  so they were, in the end, unable to help me, So I ended up researching the problem on whirlpoolforums.com.au and it seems to be that alot of the problems you are having quite possibly stem from your routers PnP abilities. A good router that utilizes PnP will allow 4 xboxes to connect and be in the same party, A router that isn't so good at PnP will have the issues you are describing, I checked to see how my router rated, (it's a Netgear 300 model cable modem wireless router}, and it rated pretty badly as far as it's PnP abilities go, So as Microsoft were unable to help me, if figured that if 3 consoles worked ok without having to worry about the router settings, maybe if I set up a static IP address on just one console, in this case the wireless one, and port forwarded 3074 using TCP and UDP, it may work, and it did. Before I changed my ISP I had ADSL2+ and was usind a Billion router and that had no problems with 4 consoles, my main trouble there was lack of bandwith, but as soon as I changed to my new ISP so I could have much faster Cable Broadband which also required their Netgear router, I ran into the problems you are describing. All I can say is that what I did worked for me, but it is a difficult one that as I said, even Microsoft were unable to solve. So try what I did and also just try experimenting with settings in your router GUI. Flush the cashe, reset the modem back to factory defaults and then Portforward to one xbox360. Go to Portforward.com and ensure you have your portf forward settings correct. There is very little info on how to successfully setup 4 xboxes on the same LAN, there's info on how to setup 2 or 3 but not 4.I managed to do it, but that doesn't mean that it will work for you. I really hope it does though. BTW, what make and model is your router? I can do a little research in order to see how it copes with PnP if you like.

C. Bennett

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it seems that which ever console (the older model or the affected 360 S) connects first it gets disconnected as soon as the other console connects to Live. Which is odd since the unaffected console can be online freely when either affected console is online and not have any problems.

When I get the chance I will set the affected 360 S console's IP and DNS settings to automatic (the older model and unaffected 360 S consoles network setting is already set to automatic) and I'll reply back with what happens.

Also thanks for the Info about why Games for Windows disconnected the 360 S console. I was quite confused about why it did it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, its the Virgin Media superhub. So the affected Slim model will only affect the older model to disconnect or itself depending on which console makes the first connection to Xbox LIVE? As I said, only UPnP will work as a solution with multiple xboxes using the same router Internet connection and all your consoles network settings should be set to obtain IP address and DNS automatic.

[quote user="Dazza Man 2000"]It also seems that if I sign in to the Games for Windows live service through my computer. It disconnects the 360 S from live even though the computer should be connected to a different IP address and shouldn't conflict with 360 S Console.[/quote]Well it would be odd if they didn't conflict. You see applications on Games For Windows uses port 3074 as well for outbound connections. Whenever you start you console or your computer (using Games For Windows) your router will port forwarding port 3074 for an outbound connection to Xbox LIVE servers. The same with your console. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Our Router/Modem model number is a Netgear VMDG280. and the firmware version is 1.05

After a bit of research on my end I have found out that the above Model is notorius for having problems such as general disconnecting and also two xboxes disconnecting each other.

But it doesn't make sense since two xboxes can stay connected to each other (as stated in my last post) with no problems, but it is only one of the slim consoles that the problem occurs.

It also seems that if I sign in to the Games for Windows live service through my computer. It disconnects the 360 S from live even though the computer should be connected to a different IP address and shouldn't conflict with 360 S Console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Dazza Man!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your modem and router and also your router's version of firmware.

You can not manually forward network ports used by Xbox LIVE for multiple xboxes, since specified network ports can only be forwarding and used by one unique device/IP address/host on the local network. For this to work your router has to be setup using UPnP and only UPnP as the method of handling automatic port forwarding. But it also has to be the right make and model of router along with right version of firmware.

Sorry this didn't help.