Multiple Xbox systems, one will connect and the other will not

Hello, I am currently living in a house with 10 other people and am having trouble connecting to xbox live at the house. The person in the bedroom next to me has an xbox as well and theirs connected to the internet with no problems. Mine is giving me the error 'IP Address Error' saying the modem or router may not be automatically assigning an IP address. 

I also do not have access to the router or modem as they are locked by the landlord.

So far I have tried looking at my friend's connection and wrote down their subnet mask, gateway, primary dns server, and secondary dns server and tried to use that for my connection but it did not work. I am all out of ideas.

Any help would be great.

PS the xbox worked fine on a different wifi connection a week ago.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

G'day ozzy! What happens when you try to create or join a match? Does this happen in just one game, or all different games you try (CoD, Forza, FIFA, etc)?

Please start a new thread so that we can start fresh from there and include as many details as you can, including the networking details listed here. In the future, please don't resurrect old threads. This one seems to be a different issue than what you're experiencing. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I need help. I have my Xbox connected to my cable box which wirelessly connect to a router and I can sign into my live account and do everything except play with people online, I can't create a match or join one

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there bauws!

Is there any way that you can ask the landlord what the make/model number of the modem and router are?

A fair number of routers cannot support multiple Xbox 360 consoles at once. When trying to use multiple consoles on that same router it will give preference to one of the two consoles while the other will not be able to connect.

Do you know if anyone else aside from your neighbor in the next room has a console that they're able to connect to the wifi without issues?

Let us know! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

i had a similar issue with my xbox i had to move it into the basement  closer to the router and the problem stopped

Sorry this didn't help.