Multiple USB Flashdrives not recognized

I have a new XBox 360S, for about six month's now and I love it everything operates great with one exception.

I have (3) three identical 64GB flash-drives (new and formatted FAT32 and formatted by the unit itself) and the unit only recognizes (2) two of them and i can switch them around to instead of having all 3 plugged into the rear I can plug 2 in the front the unit still only sees 2 and they are all 3 recognized and fully functional when switched around and so on I even have a 1TB USB external hard drive and the unit will recognize it and say 1 flash drive.

I checked and all the USB ports work front and rear however my 360S only recognizes 2 drives at a time. I tried plugging them in one at a time after the unit was turned on and plugging them in 1 at a time and restarting the unit in between and no matter what my 360S only sees 2 drives at one time.

Why does the 360S have 5 USB ports if it will only see 2 drives at a time and not a 3rd? Anyone else have issues like this, help would be appreciated!

Is there a know fix for this issue since my unit only has the 4GB internal memory and I want to use three 64GB flash-drives instead of buying the 250GB upgrade.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Microsoft set it up so the system will only recognize 2 USB devices at 1 time. It's also set up so it will only see up to 16 gb of each of those devices. So you can only have an extra 32 gb from USB devices at a time.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

well thats just pointless, i go round to friend's flats most saturday nights to play rock band taking my 13 gigs worth (and still growing) of song library with me, we should at least be aloud 32 gig per drive! and so what are the extra ports for?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

16 gig per port and the one in the back is ONLY for the wifi adapter

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We are talking about the 360S the newer slimline 360 with 3 usb ports on the back and an internal wifi adapter!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It does not matter if it is the Slim model or the older models, all Xbox 360s are limited to 2 USB flash drives connected at any one time.

If you need to use the third one, unplug one of the two currently plugged in, so that you can access data from the third USB flash drive. All USB flash drives are capped at 16GB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sonic Sream 07 if you don't have anything useful to ADD don't say anything! Smwutches has already explained that the 360 is set to only read 2 usb drives. This thread has moved on to the point of WHY! if you do not have an explanation as to WHY we have 5 usb slots on the 360S when only 2 are aloud to be used as 360 storage at any 1 time then please keep your comments to your self. WE CAN READ AND WE ARE NOT STUPID!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No one has an explanantion why the console was built that way.  You would have to contact MS about that.  All we can tell you is what you can and cannot do.  The why is left up to MS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good to know you're not stupid. I'm just offering some advices, take it or not, it's up to you.

There are several reasons why there are more UBS ports, because some microphone for games uses a USB port, and the Play and Charge Kit also uses a USB port, so that is one of the reasons why they added more USB ports to the system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a good idea why it's set up this way, it's to encourage more proprietary HDD sales to deter people who just want to expand their storage via 5 x 32gb USB

I only just fund this out and it's really annoying.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a 360s 4gb model and it can recognize upto 32 gb from each slot .Uptill now i've been able to connect my ipod 32gb as memory and two flash drive 8 gb each simultaneously.I'm going to buy two flash drive 32 gb each and gonna connect it then im gonna tell you what happens .Peace :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 270 Applies to: