MULTIPLE STATUS CODES WHEN TRYING TO UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really getting frustrating.... I have a 4gb S (white) console and it will no longer connect to Xbox Live due to a required update. When I attempt the update, after about 3 seconds, I get this status code: 3F4B-0000-0080-0300-8007-0070

However, I have a 250gb HDD from my other console and when I insert the HDD into my white console ^^^^^, I get nearly through the update and when it gets to the end and says "Applying Update", it fails and gives me this status code: 3F4B-40A3-1380-267F-C000-0185

I am sick of getting the same response from every Xbox Support agent: "try installing the update from a USB" or "delete content". I have tried everything MULTIPLE times now with no resolution. Here's the issue that I deem to be the cause of it: I have corrupted system files being stored on the 4gb internal memory. I go into my storage under system settings and delete the corrupted files, attempt the update again, same status codes. When the console powers off and then back on again and I go back to system settings-storage, WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! ALL THE CORRUPTED FILES PLUS EVERYTHING ELSE I THOUGHT I DELETED HAS RETURNED!

In conclusion, I am in desperate need of instructions on how to permanently wipe everything off the internal memory. Please do not respond by asking me to do any of the steps on the website. They do not work and if you ask me to try it again, I will literally lose my mind. Just PLEASE HELP ME CLEAR THIS STUPID INTERNAL MEMORY SO I CAN ENJOY THE SERVICE THAT I AM PAYING $60 A YEAR TO USE!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 47 Applies to:

G'day stayONtheGRASS!

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your Xbox console.

Could you try doing a network connection test on your Xbox console?

1. From the Dashboard, go to System
  2. Click on Network Settings
  3. Select your connection type
  4. Click Test Xbox Live Connection

Please let us know if you face any errors while doing this test.

Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="stayONtheGRASS"]

This is really getting frustrating.... I have a 4gb S (white) console and it will no longer connect to Xbox Live due to a required update. When I attempt the update, after about 3 seconds, I get this status code: 3F4B-0000-0080-0300-8007-0070

However, I have a 250gb HDD from my other console and when I insert the HDD into my white console ^^^^^, I get nearly through the update and when it gets to the end and says "Applying Update", it fails and gives me this status code: 3F4B-40A3-1380-267F-C000-0185

I am sick of getting the same response from every Xbox Support agent: "try installing the update from a USB" or "delete content". I have tried everything MULTIPLE times now with no resolution. Here's the issue that I deem to be the cause of it: I have corrupted system files being stored on the 4gb internal memory. I go into my storage under system settings and delete the corrupted files, attempt the update again, same status codes. When the console powers off and then back on again and I go back to system settings-storage, WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! ALL THE CORRUPTED FILES PLUS EVERYTHING ELSE I THOUGHT I DELETED HAS RETURNED!

In conclusion, I am in desperate need of instructions on how to permanently wipe everything off the internal memory. Please do not respond by asking me to do any of the steps on the website. They do not work and if you ask me to try it again, I will literally lose my mind. Just PLEASE HELP ME CLEAR THIS STUPID INTERNAL MEMORY SO I CAN ENJOY THE SERVICE THAT I AM PAYING $60 A YEAR TO USE!

[/quote]

Hello stayONtheGRASS,

You may want to try and do a manual update. You can go to this link to view how to do a manual update. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue with corrupt files on my XBOX 360 Slim.  My Network connection is fine.  I have tried to load the update from a CD but I still get error codes.  I have tried to clean cache and remove corrupt files but nothing helps since they always come back after reboot.  I would purchase a hard drive if I knew that would fix the issue but I sense that it will not.  At this point, I am thinking about scrapping console and getting a new one.  That would suck but I am paying or LIVE and I am unable to use it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey stayONtheGRASS, did you ever find a solution to this problem... I am expiriencing the same thing with Xbox 360

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, KA3KJ! This thread is pretty old, and the OP may not check it to give you an update. Please post up a new thread detailing the issue you're running into, the error codes you're getting, your Internet Service Provider and modem/router, and any troubleshooting you've done. This will be the best way to get individual help on the forums!

Sorry this didn't help.