Multiple nuisance issues ive been having with my new xbox one, to start off it would randomly disconnect from my wi-fi, really low brightness when i turn it on somtime, one downloaded game refuses to start now, and slow and buggy U.I

To elaborate on each issue when it randomly disconnects from my wifi (having

connectivity in the high 90's range) it mostly doesnt accept the correct password i put in and either have to reapply my password from my laptop connecting to my router and all that business or restart my wireless system like my xbox tells me to when i test connection on it. Next is the brightness, sometimes when i turn on my xbox one the brightness is really low and cant see much, i adjust my tv and no change. Only goes away when i turn the xbox off and on again, isometimes get these static looking lines horizontally on my tv as well, doubt its my tv as this only happens when i turn the xbox on. A recent issue ive had is the downloadable fast and furious game i got while it was free stopped working even though it has worked beautifully before, it goes back to home while its loading on the first black muscle car the game gives you, i belive its the picture right before the game starts too. Final issue is simply the U.I as it takes a bit to get from place to place or for things to even load, i would select a game and it wouldnt open selecting it multiple times didnt help either iwould have to leave it alone for a minute until it decided to open when iselected it again, just needs a tune up or something to make things smoother, I Love Xbox but not like this...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there,

Sorry to see you're experiencing numerous issues with your Xbox One.

Rest assured, I'll do my best to try and help you resolve them.

---

Disconnections:

For the disconnection issues - can you please provide the following information:

Once I have that information I can diagnose the issue more easily.

Brightness:

Your brightness issue sure is a peculiar one.

What TV make are you using?

If you go into your TV settings, can you reset it to factory default? Then in your Xbox, go to Settings >> Display and check that it is set to the correct resolution that your TV supports.

U.I Sluggish:

To help diagnose the U.I issue more - could you open the Messages App and tell me how long it takes to load?

There is currently an open issue with the performance of the Dashboard and it is being worked on with performance improvements being released in each monthly update.

Download/Game Not Working:

If you're facing download issues, this could be related to the previous disconnection issue you reported, let's resolve that first.

If you're having issues once opening a game, please go to My Games, press the Menu button on the game and select Uninstall, then re-download/install it.

-TheJackah; Xbox & Windows Insider. Xbox Ambassador. Web Developer & Designer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have had the same 'brightness' issue.  It doesn't appear to be the tv because changing the input shows proper signal.  I also have to restart the xbox to get the display to show properly.

I used to have the problem the screen was dim, but now it is faded.  almost like the brightness is too high.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TAC0Hunter,

To better assist you please create your own thread in this forum :)

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.