Multiple Issues - Promotion of Account and purchasing content from Games on Demand

Hello there.

I unfortunately have had multiple problems with Xbox LIVE for many months now and even after leaving it for quite a while hoping it would sort itself out, it still will not work for me. I have contacted Xbox Support and after the countless repeated questions, they have only informed me that they will get back to me. I am really frustrated now.

My first main problem is that I cannot seem to leave the 'family' I am in, even though I am the only account on my Xbox. I have tried to leave, I enter my details and every single time I get the error code: 8015102F. Every single time. Whether I go to 'Leave family' or 'Promote Account', same end result. I have searched for ways to do this and can find no solution. One proposed method informed me that I should go to the Family Center and then remove it that way... The thing is though: I do not have the Family Centre box on the My Xbox blade, and I am the only account registered on my Xbox. I've checked all my regions and everything, I've gotten nowhere.

Also, when it comes to Games on Demand. I purchased 6,000 points to buy CoD Black Ops, yet I get the error that the content isn't available in my region. When I tried to purchase it at the online marketplace, it said that the offer isn't available in my region. I also tried to purchase Tekken 4 too, and the same errors we're given to me, both times. I am fed up of this now. Oh, forgot to mention that I initially tried to purchase the game with just my credit card, and it came up with the error I'm getting now. So I spent more money on 6,000 points, just to get the same error.

I'm really getting fed up now. I've sat here for hours and gotten nowhere.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

What is the Age setting on this GT?

Is it possible to add a new member as an Adult to promote the account.

If the account is under 18 you will not be able to promote it anyway, has to be over 18..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The age of the account is my age. 19 years old. Everywhere I have checked, my date of birth is always there and I'm 20 this year. I'm not sure how to go about creating a new account and if it would cost me or anything, I just would like to get my account to what it should be: an adult account. I have no clue how to solve the second problem I have either, and have been speaking to @XboxSupport and still waiting for them to get back to me, again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you the primary account holder in the family plan?

Without knowing what region you're in, it's hard to help with the second part of your issues. However, read this and see if it explains or helps - http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/34.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if this will help, but it's the closest suggestion to fixing your family plan issue that I know of - forums.xbox.com/.../795.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no other account that is registered on my Xbox. My other email adress is kind of the parent to it somehow and to be honest, I don't think I'm even in a family plan because it just tells me I have 12 month gold auto-renewal. I have not paid for a family plan/pack/whatever. Yet it gives me the opportunity to leave the family? And also the opportunity to promote the account. I do so and follow all steps, yet it gives me the error I mentioned earlier.

My second problem... My ISP is Sky and my region, current location and everything else are UK, and have always been UK. I just don't know what to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm confused, you say this is the only account, but then you say you have a parent account as well? Also, why do you have a Family Plan if you only have one account? Can you clarify your situation a little better for me?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem as the OP. I promoted my account successfully last Dec and when I changed my GT in Jan it switched back to a Child account. I also have the leave family option. The od part is that this is the only account I have. I have no family hence not part of any family plan.

I have been paying for my account yearly by purchasing 12 month cards and its up for the next renewal in 2 months I think. MS support informed me several times that its a system glitch but that was over 6 months ago.

Sorry this didn't help.