Multiple Errors Connecting to Xbox Live

Now, before i begin i would like to say i have been over the so called "Support" page that has been setup by our wonderful support team hear at [removed] land. Moving on from my little rant i would like to resolve the problem i have been having with my xbox for the past 2 and a half weeks. It started off with a simple disconnetion from xbox live once in a while, and then one day while trying to sign in i started to get these errors. its hard for me to talk about one because i've probably recieved at least 6 different errors here and there when testing connection and connecting through the dashboard. The main error that has been showing up is through the final stage of test connection is "Can't Connect to Xbox Live" claiming that my internet works, but my connection to xbox live doesn't. Another one is when i actually do connect it tells me that some content is unavailable. Off and on several MTU errors, IP adress errors, and so on and so forth. I don't know about you guys, but when i started to get these after 2 weeks i almost through my xbox out the damn window. 

Things i've Tried:

Shutting it off and on

Restarting modem

Portforwarding the xbox ports

Shutting it off and on again

Thanks for reading guys, i how you havea solution for me, and btw i have a westell modem running on wireless connection through my xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have the same problem! It's been over 2 weks. So damn tired of it. XBL hasnt even come out to admit it's an issue. I get same error messages and tried everything the useless support page tells me to do. PS3 is looking real god right about now...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yea, its been really pissing me off mainly because its just random. I was having absolutely no problem what so ever with my xbox or connection until 2 and a half weeks ago, now i get a *** error every time i push a on something. I tried deleting and downloading my profile, well i got error code: 80004005 claiming that i can't download any profiles right now. *** this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Teddy!

Let's try and see if we might find you a solution. But, before we begin troubleshoot, could you answer a few questions that are useful to us. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

If its possible, could you try connect your console with an Ethernet cable instead of a wireless connection. If we know you can connect properly with an Ethernet cable then we can start focus on your wireless connection.

Let us know if you had UPnP turned off when you manually set-up ports to be forward with Port Forward.

You may also want to clear your Xbox system cache. This will remove temporary files from the system cache.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA, Florida

Modem brand & model number: Westell A90 - 750022 - 07

Router brand & model number: No router, should i have one? My modem puts out wireless.

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal.

Things you have tried: Hard reset, off and on, port fwd, reset net work to default, clearing system cache, etc

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: Yes on my Port FWD page it says UPnP_Xbox so im guessing its enabled.

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No NAT error, but its open

Any Error Codes you encounter: All of them? umm... IP Adress, MTU, Some Content Unavailable, Live Error, pretty much all.

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Century Link, and not the cheap ***, im paying close to 90$ a month.

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-0021

X:4000-1001

Y:0000-0000

Z:0000-0000

ID:0001-0003

L:0015-10F1

Q:8007-0435

T:Wireless

D:0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

S:WPA

C:6

Sorry this didn't help.

Not meaning to double post, but i had another thing to add onto the error list. Most of the time when i sign in after practice, i get to the dashboard with either: Some Content is Unavailable, or: Problem occurred when signing into xbox live, if problem persist contact, blah blah blah.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Teddy!  OK, here's a couple things I want you to try.  The first one is to try restarting your router/modem again (FYI: if your modem has wireless, that means it's a combined router and modem- that's why you only have one) but this time leave it unplugged for a solid five minutes, even up to ten if you can. Then run the connection test and see what exact error code you get at that point.  Please also test it on a wired connection if that's an option for you.

Sorry this didn't help.