Multiple Discs Possiblity?

Ok, so more and more games are coming with multiple discs. battlefield is one example however this post will not bein referernce too! When i was playing LA NOIRE. i got fed up of having to swap the discs all the time. it became annoying. Now, i can understand why you have to change them and for the small memory consoles it would be wrong to make you just install the next two. but what i want to know , is why not give us the option, i.e either play the rest of the game on disc 2, 3 etc OR, install the contents of discs after 1, so that they become playable from one disc. it wouldnt create game sharing as the disc 1 is still required, i cant see any faults with it but im sure there are, thoughts would be appricieated on this, as im hoping SKYRIm will have multiple discs althought they will probably be seperate.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You got fed up having to change the disc like every 5-6 hours? How lazy are you? You only had to change them a maximu of 3 times anyway. It's not as if you constantly had to change them to do anything.

no. it was when i was replaying the missions and street crimes etc. i did have to constantly change them.

It's to stop someone installing the second two discs and then selling them, or lending them to a mate who gets to play for free.

No way around it unfortunately, so it's here to stay!

Ii dont think you got what i mean. all 3 discs still come packaged. but, you install the other 2 on as extra content or leave as playable like in la noire. so you only have to use disc one.

It's up to the developers to do what they want; the Forza 3 way (Disc 1 playable, disc 2 install only) or the L.A Noire way (all discs playable).

ok, if you are seriously bothered about having to actually spend 30 seconds swapping discs then you really need to rethink if its worth having a game with multiple discs. There are many reasons why the security measures are inplace that require you to put in an authentic disc to access that part of the game...the more cutscenes and video sequences a game has the more discs it requires on the 360, maybe a PS3 which uses Blue Ray is a better option for you

i HATE ps3s.

As above I swapped the discs in LA Noire once on each disc then the game booted from the relevent disc I was using, not really an issue in my opinion, not doubt Microsoft will move to something with bigger capacity in the next console

If you remember the "Fable II" diaries they told you that they improved leaps and bounds on compression on a weekly basis.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could fit all of "LA Noire" and "Final Fantasy XIII" onto a single disc now.

Az

FFXIII was 40GB on the PS3 bluray. Good luck compressing that on a DVD9.

Though I guess it could easily be feasible if they cut out all the cringey, superfluous cutscenes which account for at least half of it