* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.
I was having all kinds of issues with moderate and strict NAT for our two XBox Ones, even though the two 360s were showing open NAT. It turns out that Comcast had sent out a firmware update to my Arris telephony gateway, resetting it, and changing it back to standard mode from bridge mode. I spent the past week thinking it was either the new console or my routers (was occurring with both the Linksys E4200 and my newer Asus RT-AC66U, that replaced it). After five minutes in chat with a Comcast representative this morning, the modem was back in bridge mode. Resetting the router and power cycling the consoles took care of the rest. All four console are now showing as open.
I don't know much about bridge mode, but does not sound very intuitive at all. How is an average user supposed to figure this out? So bridge mode is used when you have a separate router other than your gateway, right? And either way, is enabling bridge mode something that is required for anyone with a similar set up as yours?
When I would bring my Xbox 360 over to my buddies house, it always gave us a hell of a time getting into matches on Call of Duty until he replaced his Motorola Surfboard D3 Gateway with a Motorola SB6141 and a Netgear N750 router. Fixed it right up. A lot can be said about port forwarding/triggering. It's just a matter of learning how to enable it.
No, bridge mode normally wouldn't be required, but that's not an issue with the XBox One, it's Arris/Comcast to blame. This gateway is an all-in-one device, with modem, telephony, 4 port router, and wireless built in. But it has issues doing NAT for multiple consoles (one of the first things I discovered after getting it), so it's recommended to put it in bridge mode with a broadband router behind it for the rest of the lan. That took some digging to discover over a year ago. When I had a standard Motorola surfboard modem, prior to getting telephone through Comcast, I still use my own router, but had no issues-modern routers come ready, with upnp set up, and NAT working fine out of the box, 99% of the time. Now that I've found that it was (once again) a problem with the (unbridged) Arris, I find that the XB1 seems to work pretty well without any special tweaking.