Multiple charges

I paid for a gold mebership on 28th september 2011, then cancelled it after the payment went out.

I presumed the membership would run till the end of the 'already paid for' period.

My son who plays on the xbox account then somehow renewed the gold membership and activated auto renewal recently.

So a further payment for 5.99 has gone out only 7 days after my last payment.

WTF, i dont expect to pay for the same period twice this is crazy.

I dont understand why it wouldnt allow me to delete the payment method last time after the membership expired. It gave some bllx reason and just wouldnt allow it.

I just wish someone other than microsoft ran these accounts, coz they are a fkn rip off merchant. They always have been. I dont like someone else being basically in 'control' of my fkn bank account, taking money out whenever the feel and giving no way of gettin it back easily.

On top of that, why do they make it so hard to contact anyone about account issues.

Total avoidance by microsoft so they dont have to take responsibility for their borderline criminal attitude to peoples money.

LET ME DELETE MY PAYMENT METHOD AND ALLOW PEOPLE TO MAKE ONE-OFF PAYMENTS WHEN THEY WANT TO PLAY.

STOP TAKING LIBERTIES AND GIVE PEOPLE CONTROL OF THEIR OWN ACCOUNTS, FULLY.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I'm sorry to see your having troubles sir. All you need to do is remove your source of payment from your Xbox. You can alternatively pay for membership by using the activation cards which have a predetermined amount of Live on them. These can be purchased in some stores. This link will show you how to remove your credit card or source of payment so that Xbox will cancel the recurring transaction.

support.xbox.com/.../change-billing-info.aspx

Make sure you select the kind of subscription you want before adding your card.     I hope this helps, Zach

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also make sure you have auto renewal turned off by calling phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us).

Sorry this didn't help.

it wont let you remove your card until the membership is over. thats bull! they charged me 3 more months after i havent even turned my xbox on I BOUGHT 1 month. they wont refund or do anything. so im deleteing everything and sellling my xbox. microsoft needs to fix that. you cant hold someones account. or advertise ONE month and keep charging. they dont need to assume we want to renew. ASK.  better business bureau needs to attack this. i dont want to wait another hour on the phone just to get a live rep to send me to another live rep.

Sorry this didn't help.

I suggest you start reading the terms of use

When purchasing any subscription you must keep a payment method

If you do not wish to have autobilling you need to call support

Subscription means service until you actually give cancellation notice

This is widely used with magazines and game service

I doubt you will get anywhere as this Is a common practice Businesses tell you when they bill It is upto you to read the contracts you sign And the short notification you recieve when buying promotions or payment plans

Prepaid subscription cards are like prepaid phone cards if you want to go that route but they are a set rate

Sorry this didn't help.

There Is a notice THIs membership will renew at regular rate

Bbb would have an major issue if users could get out of their contracts as it is a binding contract

Major businesses would lose millions because customers would ignore bills and get away with it

Next time read the notes in front of you before you click purchase now

Sorry this didn't help.

you are right i didnot due auto renew and did know about it a year later i get an email saying they tried to charge an acout that i dont use. so i turned of renewel but they keep trying to charge the account over and over. they wont even let me delete the card number they say there is a bill pending i want to stop the membership wow and why does microsoft charge to connect with thier game system anyway, none else does

Sorry this didn't help.

Why did I get charged again after I cancelled my subscription!!! Freaking over charged my account and cost me $70!!! worst investment ever buying a one! never again!

Sorry this didn't help.