Multiplayer status not joinable

I need help connecting to friends online on halo 4. My nat type is open but all my friends status say not joinable. Occasionally they will say joinable but when I go to join it had a padlock on them and I am still unable to join them. Since I have bought the game I have never been able to join any of my friends games but I have no other issues with multiplayer.can someone please point me in the right direction.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 231 Applies to:

Some NAT problems are subtle and don't appear in the Test Xbox Live Connection test. Most likely there's a port blocked or misdirected away from your Xbox, in your router, modem, or at your ISP. Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports than PCs & Macs ordinarily use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox, for the NAT problem is really the blockage or misdirection of ports.

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and the order and timing of the steps is important to success:
1) turn off the Xbox then
2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).
3) unplug power from the modem.
4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.
5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.
6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.
7) Turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see http://whatismyipaddress.com/port

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need from http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried the suggested option of resetting my modem and router and while my friends say they are now joinable they  still have a padlock beside the option to join them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, OK, so you see the message change in some places but not others? That's sounding like parental controls.  If there are parental controls on your account, you can have the account holder check and make sure it's OK for this account to play online.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm the account holder and I don't have parental controls set and I have no problem playing against other players in matchmaking it just won't allow me to join friends.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this account an adult account? Also, is Halo 4 the only game you aren't able to play with friends on?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is my account and I'm 26 I don't have any parental controls set I'm allowed to look and do as I please. This is the only game I have been playing other than halo reach which I haven't played since halo 4 came out. Like I said before my nat is always in open status but I am unable to join any friends they all say not joinable and on the occasion they say joinable they have a padlock next to the join player button which does nothing when I hit the button to join.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Baker2387! To see if this is one game or all games, do you think you could try joining friends in a few alternate games? This will give us a better idea if this is just related to Halo 4 or an overall setting. If you could, it would be much appreciated! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Baker!

When you test the condition of your NAT status, the NAT check makes no attempt to test every relevant behavior of NAT. It only answers the question "how likely it is that NAT traversal techniques can be expected to work on your router and during typical network conditions"?

Appreciate if you could provide us with a bit more information. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried connecting to players on black ops and I am unable to join them on there as well. I port forward ports 53 ,80,88 and two other that were suggested on the port forward page and I am still unable to join.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, gotcha.  OK, please post the info that Taidara was requesting, we can also try these steps: Xbox NAT Type | Xbox 360 NAT Type | Xbox NAT Error 

Sorry this didn't help.