Multiplayer Issue Assistance

I'm unable to play with a specific friend on Xbox. We've tried everything from hard restarting our Xbox to even blocking, unblocking and re-adding each other as friends though we are aware those two "solutions" probably wouldn't do anything we're just desperate.

My friend's gamer tag is Razor Artichoke. His NAT type varies from strict to open though he doesn't have much control over it for he's stationed at an army base in Seattle. My NAT type is open so it shouldn't matter what his is though we still can't join each other games no matter who is hosting.

The games where we can't play together in are Rocket League, Minecraft, and Terraria. However, in Rocket League when we invite each other to our party in game in order to search for a match we can see one another has joined the party but if we search for a match whoever is not party leader is left behind. Also! In Rocket League we can use a third friend as the party leader who acts like an anchor or link for the two of us. If he invites both of us and then searches for a game it usually works and we can play together but it's frustrating to rely on a third person for one specific game.

Several days ago we were able to play Terraria but haven't been successful since then so we know it's possible just frustrating.

He's in the U.S state, Washington, I'm in Kentucky. He did live in North Carolina before he got stationed in Seattle though, and we still had these same problems. 

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 13 Applies to: