Multiplat games to include Kinect?

Why would Devs spend extra time and money developing a multiplat game to include Kinect features for the XboxOne version?

Xbox was never been big on exclusives like the competiton Nintendo and Sony. I fail to see how Devs will be inticed to add Kinect features regardless of how big the userbase is, unless they charged more for the XboxOne version. I would assume it would be about the same amount as the Kinect1.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

was one of my points exactly, why waste time for one console when you can just port it?

Microsoft will encourage development for the device regardless of user-base, just as they did with the first Kinect. It's never been dependent on user-base, and I'm not sure why so many people believe that to be the case.

Devs wont waste their time making stuff for the kinect just like they wont with the touchpad on the ps4

I think you're forgetting how much money MS will throw at a developer to forward their vision

too many dev's out there. MS can't pay them all.

Some dev's might use kinect for their multiplatform games for the sake of their fan base, to offer those who want it an option to use kinect. The kinect adoption won't matter to this dev's as their user base will remain the same. Just don't expect a lot of dev's to do that. Profits drive the industry after all.

I think people just want to see more kinnect games made for them. which ultimately is a failed notion.

[quote user="Dhuran"]

Microsoft will encourage development for the device regardless of user-base, just as they did with the first Kinect. It's never been dependent on user-base, and I'm not sure why so many people believe that to be the case.

[/quote]

Hopefuly you are right MS will still encourage development for Kinect. But things are different this time around.

.Before MS would want to increase Kinects worth because it was a device sold seprate. But now that it is bubdled with One it's worth to the consumer isn't as important, if you like Kinect or don't it doesn't matter you have to buy the device. I see less urgency this time around on MS part to increase Kinects worth since they don't have to sell the device.

[quote user="WoolDock4"]

Devs wont waste their time making stuff for the kinect just like they wont with the touchpad on the ps4

[/quote]

You are probably right but Sony has a lot more exclusives and I'm sure they are more willing to include the touchpad.

it only takes one. as soon as one developer comes up with something intuitive and good for kinect the rest will copy.

-

with a large install base it wont be too long before a small time developer comes up with something really cool. then it wont be too much time after that before the big players copy it. once its been copied they can plop it into any of there games, someone already innovated and they already coded.

-

think of it like another button, just not as obvious.

Dudes, voice comands was offered by both ME and Skyrim. I haven't seen other developers following suit

the problem with the touchpad is that it doesnt do anything an analog stick or two cant do and requires you to move fingers away from normal controls.

-

for all intents and purposes it is one of the most useless additions of this generation. a gimmick in the truest sense of the word.