Mu Xbox 360 S keeps turning on by itself!

My console keeps turning on by itself when I have switched it off and it is in standy. I want to know has this happened to anyone else and should there be cause for concern.Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Due to the fact your Slim console has touch sensitive controls, it could be because of very minor fixable reasons. For starters, make sure the face plate on the front of your console is fully on and not adjacent to it's fixing. If you notice that this doesn't fix the problem then try and position your console on a more sturdy surface and in an environment where the temperature stays static (not constantly rapidly changing) and not dynamic (constantly and rapidly changes). The slightest bump to the console could accidentally trigger the controls which would be a reason for it constantly switching it's power state.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, this usually means you have active downloads in your download queue. The great part of downloading content on Xbox LIVE, is that you can download stuff even if the console is off. While in Standby, the Xbox only uses enough power to take care of the downloads. To verify that it's downloading, does it flash green every few seconds?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have a pet that licks or touches the Xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.