MTU Settings

Have the MTU requirements been updated lately by Xbox live?  I tried to get onto my account today and received an error that the MTU settings were not correct and needed to be at least 1364.  I checked my router and it's set to 1500, checked again, same error, so I tried pluggin the xbox directly into the modem and got the same error.  I already called my ISP and they informed one they had one other person complain of the same thing today, that every other internet device works but their xbox cannot connect either.  So I'm just trying to narrow the problem down and confirm it's a problem with my ISP and not an Xbox Live problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I've tested my MTU settings by sending data packets to www.xbox.com and I can get up to 1472 unfragmented, yet, when I try to connect to xbox live though my xbox, it says it's less than 1364!!  This is very frustrating....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings feliks!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your modem and router. Who is your ISP? In most cases, MTU related issues can only be solved by the ISP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Contacted ISP earlier today and the problem is now resolved.  They never did call me back to explain why this happened though.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey feliks!  Thanks for the update.  If the problem comes back, please feel free to let us know.  Glad you're connected now, though!  Game on!

Sorry this didn't help.