MTU SETTINGS IN COLLEGE: Need help because I can't perform the basic steps

I'm in college and their network was running fine, until about a 2 week ago when I lost connection and haven't been able to get it back. I thought maybe, because the way the building was built or something that may be happening at the school that it was just a temporary thing, but after a 2 weeks of the same problem I decided that I wasn't going to use wireless and I bought an ethernet cable. I plugged it into the port in my room and I now one of three things is happening: 1) I connect to xbox live and I see everything, netflix, espn, my friends list, and videos on the dashboard, but when I go to use ANYTHING it either doesn't load (videos) or I get disconnected from xbox live (games, netflix,espn, hulu etc.). This happens very rarely. 2) I connect to xbox live and I can only see my friends list and it tells me that the other options (video, marketplace, community) are currently unavailable and when I go to start a game I get disconnected from xbox live. This also happens rarely. 3) I can't connect to xbox live and it says my MTU settings aren't high enough. Because I'm in college I can't do the basic steps like resetting the network equipment, changing the network settings, or simplify my set up. I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this issue. Any help would be much appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi, I would contact your ISP (Or the person who runs your internet). I would check and see if your ports are open. Also you stated that this issue just started to happen about two weeks ago then it could be your ISP (Internet Service Provider). You can also do steps like resetting your router, but if all else fails I would just contact the person who is in charge of the internet on your campus, and see if this issue is because of you provider.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, try this FAQ:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../103-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college of course the college could have also blocked access.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.