MTU Setting FAIL!

I live in North Carolina and I was just wondering what the deal with Microsoft was yesterday.  Tried to connect to XBOX Live and couldn't because of the "insufficient MTU setting."  Went to the support page on xbox.com and nothing on the MTU page was helpful.  I called my ISP (Centurylink) and they said NONE of their routers have an adjustable MTU setting.  Over the phone, we checked all the ports to make sure NAT was open.  Went on the Xbox and changed the IP address, Subnet masking, DNS secondary and primary etc. manually.  The bar used to illustrate the connection from Xbox 360->Network->Internet->XBOX Live would stop at Internet.  Switched the IP, DNS, and subnet settings back to Automatic.  Then the bar went straight through and stopped at XBOX Live.  The representative for Centurylink told me that he had the same complaint with another customer about Xbox that same night.  About an hour into the phone call he said  customers in South Carolina, North Carolina, Kentucky and Virginia that were Centurylink customers couldn't connect to XBOX Live.  After another hour, people from West Virginia all the way to New York had the same issues.  Centurylink doesn't have any customers past Virginia, is what he told me.  Now my Xbox LIVE works today.  

My question is, why is Microsoft hating on the East Coast?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

To be fair, I don't think we're "hating" on the East Coast, but there is a Service Alert right now that does affect the East Coast. Please keep an eye on this to see when we have resolved the issue. Thanks! support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.