MTU Issue

a couple of days ago i turn on my 360 and it shows i am disconnected from xbox live. i run a test and it says my MTU settings are too low, needs to be at least 1354. never been an issue before and i didn't change any settings on my router or xbox prior to this error. i changed my MTU settings, tried a few different numbers between 1354 and 1460 (my isp's max). still won't connect. i removed the router from the equation and hooked up the 360 directly to the modem and i still get the same error. i called my ISP and they say everything is fine on their end.  i've spent probably 6 hours now changing settings on my router and 360.  i've gone through all the troubleshooting pages on the xbox live website and still can't get past the insufficient MTU error.  any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey mate, when you connected directly to your modem, did you take a few seconds to power-cycle it? You'll run into issues if the power isn't reset on the modem. If you've tried that, you'll need to continue working with your ISP, as the issue is with the base connection, and not any network settings on your end.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.