MSN/hotmail password change

my hotmail account was once hacked and now its fixed but my problem is that the email and pasword i used to sighn up with an and log into my msn on xbox did not change with my hotmail account. ever since i fixed the hack i have not been able to sighn in on msn via xbox becuase it says its the wrong password (i use my new one on my comp and it works fine)... is there a way i can change or reset the password on my msn (for xbox) to match my current one?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

How about trying to delete your profile from the console (profile only, not items!), clear the system cache, restart the console, and recovering your profile. Then try to log into Messenger with the correct information. Does this help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it did not work because i had bought a new xbox recently and had to redownload EVERYTHING (and still mad that i cant get everything i had bought back like fable2 and some rock band songs and some other minor stuff) the email was carried over and i still cant access it even after the new x boxformat came out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure that you are using the correct WLID that is associated with your gamertag. If you can sign into Xbox.com with the correct WLID and password then you should be able to recover or download your profile to the console. As for the content that you're missing, did you transfer the content from the old console to the new console? Did you do a license transfer after the content was moved? Also remember that downloadable content is specific to each gamertag. If you are not the one that purchased the content then you will not be able to download unless you bought it. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.