MS was advertising feedback system!??!!? Why bother?

I just played somebody in Madden who quit with 30 seconds remaining.  I have ZERO idea how to leave feedback in this non-intuitive, probably impossible system.  And MS advertised leaving feedback and getting rid of bad players.  Seriously?  How the **** am I supposed to do that, Microsoft?  You get bad feedback.  Don't advertise stuff you didn't even playtest worth a crud.

Matt

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not to worry! This is an issue that is likely to be patched.

I honestly don't see it ever working. The explanation of how the system works appears to be much like the old system where if you don't get complaints it goes up and if you do it goes down. Rep griefing will rear it's ugly head and people will be unfairly targeted with bad reviews, the people that actually deserve the lower rep probably won't see it unless the review submission can be done in game without taking away from our gameplay.

Even if they could invent some AI that would follow us around in the virtual gaming world and make an accurate judgment of our reputation I'm not sure I'd want it. Game matchmaking would be come significantly longer and I could see games with smaller player bases not having full games because the player pool has been divided into different rep categories.

I'd rather have a full Conquest match in BF4 and mute the idiots than play 4v4 because the matchmaking system could only find 7 other players that matched my current rep.

Should just have avoid this person in future and that's it, matchmaking could surely do its best then to try and avoid players you do not wish to encounter beyond that i don't see why you need breakdowns of different aspects, oh i hate bad sportsmen but i dont mind racists etc lol, i know some of my 360 friends would always file a bad sportsman report on campers, i had loads, the dicks lol :/

Well, with the new system, it prevents rep griefing by recognizing when a large group of people all from the same game leave bad feedback against a single player & submits it as ONE report, which makes it far less likely to be an effective method of griefing, while still getting a report through. This won't solve the issue obviously, but it curbs it a great deal. Once people realize this, they'll be far less likely to grief you as a group.

As for the rep system splitting the player-base, although this is a legitimate concern, it's not going to be as bad as you might think. After all, there's only 4 or so levels of reputation with the new system to split the player-base with & that's not going to prevent you from choosing to play with those from another category (like joining a friend's game who happens to be in a separate category).

All of the avoid features you had before will still be available.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Well, with the new system, it prevents rep griefing by recognizing when a large group of people all from the same game leave bad feedback against a single player & submits it as ONE report, which makes it far less likely to be an effective method of griefing, while still getting a report through. This won't solve the issue obviously, but it curbs it a great deal. Once people realize this, they'll be far less likely to grief you as a group.

As for the rep system splitting the player-base, although this is a legitimate concern, it's not going to be as bad as you might think. After all, there's only 4 or so levels of reputation with the new system to split the player-base with & that's not going to prevent you from choosing to play with those from another category (like joining a friend's game who happens to be in a separate category).

All of the avoid features you had before will still be available.

[/quote]

Do you know if the current block or mute options we have figure into the new system or have none of the features been introduced yet?

I've been muting people like crazy in Forza. They aren't "bad" people, they just don't realize that their Kinect mic is on for chat by default and I'd prefer not to listen to a husband and wife discussing at length if it'll be Chinese or Italian for dinner.

I was hesitant to mute these people at first out of concern of lowering their rep when it was actually undeserved.

I have read that blocking people effects their rep but not sure about muting.

Although I have been wondering what else effects rep.

Does quitting multiplayer games lower your reputation?

According to this website blocking and muting does effect reputation.

www.computerandvideogames.com/.../xbox-one-reputation-system-will-filter-cheaters-and-griefers

[quote user="Malacath"]

According to this website blocking and muting does effect reputation.

www.computerandvideogames.com/.../xbox-one-reputation-system-will-filter-cheaters-and-griefers

[/quote]

So according to that article the feature is already in place and it's determined by using the Block/Mute options.

I mute people all the time that aren't necessarily "bad guys" I just prefer to not listen to the overly chatty, the 10 yr olds with high pitched voices who feel the need to sing or the non-English speaking. I muted three guys in Forza on Sunday who were speaking French in our lobby, may have been great guys.

Block I can understand but mute probably needs to be reconsidered.

Yeah I think mutes are a bit unfair as I've also muted people for similar reasons as you.

Also it's possible not everyone knows the Kinect is broadcasting your voice. In COD you appear to need a headset but in other games like BF4 it's Kinect. I played a few games of BF4 before realising I could be heard by other players.

I think we need to find an official source that explains the rep system. We don't really know how accurate that article is.

I think it's more for the people who send rude messages. You report them, it gets reviewed, and their rep goes down increasing their chances of playing with like minded people. How do they do it any other way? My mate and I went on a killing spree in FIFA Clubs last night, and if they could report us and lower our rep for it, I have no doubt they would. They were already hacking down our players out of sheer rage. The only thing missing was a hateful message. If you can just destroy the rep of people who beat you, then the system fails, and everyone will have bad rep. There are way too many poor sports in the world of gaming in general to allow this kind of feedback power to the users. Why should my rep go down because I scored a 25 yard chip? Either the system is flawed, or we don't fully understand it yet.