MS Announce Arcade NEXT = April Dates for Trials Evolution and Minecraft

Microsoft's announced its latest Xbox Live Arcade promotion, 'Arcade NEXT', dating Minecraft and Fable Heroes in the process.

Beginning April 18, a new XBLA title will launch from Microsoft Studios every Wednesday, through May 9.

As previously rumoured, starting in April, all new Xbox Live Arcade games will include up to 400 Gamerscore, with up to 30 Achievements available to unlock, Microsoft's confirmed.

Here's the list (in Microsoft's words):

TRIALS EVOLUTION, April 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points

"Trials Evolution" is on every front, the next dimension of the smash-hit, award-winning "Trials HD." Bust out of the warehouse into an outdoor world of night and day, curved driving lines, and spectacular scenery. Multiplayer comes alive in your living room or on Xbox LIVE. Build your own tracks with the in-game editor or download those of any other player from the new Track Central. Customize your bike and rider with awesome gear and unique parts, enjoy innovative skill games, try ghost racing, beat your friends' scores and more! Don't miss the madness!

BLOODFORGE, April 25 for 1200 Microsoft Points

With a brutal combat system, stunning art style, and a deeply compelling story, "Bloodforge" empowers you to slaughter hordes of demonic soldiers, deformed worshippers, and the gods themselves, using ferocious Rage Kills, devastating Rune attacks, and furious Weapon Combos. Help seal Crom's fate - and the fate of the rest of the world - in this dark, visceral story of revenge, betrayal, and destiny.

FABLE HEROES, May 2 for 800 Microsoft Points

"Fable Heroes" is an action-packed, hack-and-slash adventure built for Xbox LIVE Arcade. It delivers a fresh spin on the "Fable" franchise with a unique art style and gameplay that takes playful competition to the next level. Whether on the couch or using Xbox LIVE, up to four players work together to defeat enemies while also competing with one another to collect gold coins and level up. Precious gold collected in Fable Heroes can be imported into the forthcoming Kinect title, Fable: The Journey, providing players with a valuable head start from day one.

MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION, May 9 for 1600 Microsoft Points

The infinite possibilities in "Minecraft" just got bigger. "Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition" brings the global phenomenon to console gamers for the first time. The Xbox LIVE Arcade version of the game features an innovative new crafting interface, natural controller movements, a full Tutorial mode to teach the basics and for the first time in "Minecraft," split-screen multiplayer as well as over Xbox LIVE.

Source = http://www.computerandvideogames.com/341071/xbla-arcade-next-announced-fable-minecraft-dated/

Interesting price for Minecraft, April will be a fun month for Arcade Games 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looking forward to trying that Bloodforge and obviously Trials, that goes without saying, but 1600MSP for Minecraft? It worth that on the 360?

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

Looking forward to trying that Bloodforge and obviously Trials, that goes without saying, but 1600MSP for Minecraft? It worth that on the 360?

[/quote]

Same here on Bloodforge and Trials. Aye, I was a bit shocked by that price-tag when I saw the original post over on Major Nelsons blog. That's quite a bit of money for an Arcade title.

Cheaper to buy on PC, MS just doesnt seem to learn...but people will pay that price for it, and it will lead to further titles being upped in price

-

Isnt there an indy game version for under 240MSP?

Yes cokney,there is.My son and his mates play it a lot,drives me nuts!  1600 points-what were they thinking! :)

Trials Evo and 400 gs as well,i'll be in gaming heaven!

That bloodforge doesn't look bad either.

Its £15 on the PC, i struggle to see what the fuss is about its just not my type of game at all.

Not sure for that price.

Minecraft is amazing. Well worth it.

-

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhksNvUwaRc]

-

1600ms pts is more or less consistent with the price of the now fully released version on the website. The 'indie version' of the game is a straight rip-off called 'Fortress-craft'. Completely different..well, not really. But Minecraft is better.

So why not just get it on the PC which will no doubt have a richer and bigger community, not exactly the best way to tempt new people to it by pricing it so much above the other games in this "promotion", for me the price has put me off, rather get the indy game

-

Trials Evoltion for me, never played the original so will be jumping into the next one

How are you meant to get skins and mods in the console version? If you can't, it's not worth 1600.

I'm looking forward to Trials and Fable Heros myself, they will both be day one purchases for me. Not heard of Bloodforge 'til now. I'll check out the trial for Minecraft and see what I think as I've not played it on the pc, as my laptop is pants. Also the price is a bit steep. I got burnt the last time I spent that much on an arcade game (Watchmen).