MP speak??

Playing a lot of bf4 and I NEVER hear nobody talking,   I'm just wondering if I've hit a 'mute all' setting or something,

also, does kinect pick up and broadcast my voice to other players?? I feel I'm missing something, it doesn't seem to make any difference if I use the ms provided headset either...  any help, ideas, anyone?

Cheers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Lots are in their own private parties.

Lots are playing without a headset.

A good few are wearing their headsets and chatting.

If you play "Conquest" you've more chance of bumping into speakers I've found.

Az

Microsoft ruined this when they chose to listen to us... back on original xbox and when 360 first came out, a chat was strict 1 and 1. This was excellent as it meant most communication happened in game.

People then wanted more people and then nobody chatted in game. This is just the extension flowing on...everyone is in parties.

They should force team games to require MIC or at least have settings to allow us to play with MIC users. Some games on 360 forced people out of parties to play in certain game types. (i think COD MW2 did this?)

[quote user="ICED C0UGAR"]

Microsoft ruined this when they chose to listen to us... back on original xbox and when 360 first came out, a chat was strict 1 and 1. This was excellent as it meant most communication happened in game.

People then wanted more people and then nobody chatted in game. This is just the extension flowing on...everyone is in parties.

They should force team games to require MIC or at least have settings to allow us to play with MIC users. Some games on 360 forced people out of parties to play in certain game types. (i think COD MW2 did this?)

[/quote]The party system is the primary reason I bought the system. If it didn't have party chat, I wouldn't have bought it. I have real world friends that I would rather talk to while we play our own games. I bought a PS3 at one point and pretty much expected the system to have party chat because of the experience and appeal it brought to the 360, but it didn't have it and my mind was blown. Seeing as how a large majority of multiplayer games are team games, I don't agree with you at all.

I'm with vFlare on this. If most players acted responsibly and didn't spam / curse excessively / troll other players in game chat, I'd do it more. I have control over who and what I hear in private chat, so I use it. I occasionally do game chat, but if I hear some of the more unsavory stuff over the mic, I turn it off.

[quote user="vFlare"]

[quote user="ICED C0UGAR"]

[/quote]The party system is the primary reason I bought the system. If it didn't have party chat, I wouldn't have bought it. I have real world friends that I would rather talk to while we play our own games. I bought a PS3 at one point and pretty much expected the system to have party chat because of the experience and appeal it brought to the 360, but it didn't have it and my mind was blown. Seeing as how a large majority of multiplayer games are team games, I don't agree with you at all.

[/quote]

A large majority of MP games are teams games and I think that's the point Iced was trying to make.

Currently in BF4 Conquest you have people in your squad that are spread out into multiple parties ( unless a group of friends can fill a squad ) and there is no communication.

Upside to no party chat or forced removal in MP games ( only chat would be game chat ) we have communication, downside is with the large number of idiots in our community we may not want that communication.

Most of the people on my friends list that I don't know in real life were met back in the old days when people were social and used game chat.