moving to HK

Hi, 

I am going to move to HK, which is a supported area in live list. I have several questions assuming that I buy another xbox 360 in HK and play from there:

1. which server will the console connect to? Can I still play with my current friends ?

2. Can I still use my current live points in my account ?

3. Can I re-download the items I bought? I bought plenty of arcade games and add-ons, but I deleted them after I finish the game. 

4. Is there any additional procedure for me to import my account into the new console?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I am going to move to HK, which is a supported area in live list. I have several questions assuming that I buy another xbox 360 in HK and play from there:

1. which server will the console connect to? Can I still play with my current friends ?

I don't about 'servers', I do know though that regardless of where you are, you will still be able to chat and connect with all your current friends.

2. Can I still use my current live points in my account ?

There maybe issues purchasing some content due to the region change, your current points should still work.  However, if you buy more points they must be points for the region your account is in.  Hong Kong points codes won't work on your current profile.

3. Can I re-download the items I bought? I bought plenty of arcade games and add-ons, but I deleted them after I finish the game. 

It would depend if those games are available in that region.  Some may be blocked due to licensing restrictions.

4. Is there any additional procedure for me to import my account into the new console?

No, you just need to retrieve your profile from Xbox Live.

Some of your games will not work on a new console due to region locks.  You could still take your current machine with you, but you would need a step-up power transformer.  I guess that decision depends on how long you intend to stay there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.