moving to EU, will it affect my account?

In about a week, I am moving to Belgium. My plan was to buy an xbox out there and use my xbox live account that already exists. Are there any complications I should know about before I do this? Or is it prudent just to create a new account (which I do not want to do lol.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The account will work fine in Belgium, but there area few thing you should be aware of:

1) Microsoft Points will only work in the country of the account.  Your account is American, so only American MS Points will work with it.  MS Points bought in Belgium will not work on the account.  Gold subscription cards work anywhere.

2) Any Marketplace content you will buy will be from the US Marketplace, not the Belgian Marketplace.  This isn't really a problem on the console, as it will do it automatically, but if you buy anything from this website, you will need to make sure the region of the site is United States.

If you wish to buy local (Belgian) content, what you can do is make a second Belgian silver (free) account on your console, and buy the content on that account. You can then access that content from your main account on the same console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You also need to be aware that any services that you may have in the US (such as Netflix and Hulu) may not work in Belgian.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.