Moving Old Xbox Game Saves

Well, I figure, as long as I'm a member here, might as well see if i can get an issue resolved.

I have my entire Xbox 360 profile and game data saved to a flash drive which I plug into whatever Xbox i want to play on (just so I can keep my own personal progress even if I'm playing on a friends' console).  Trouble is, I seem to be able to save/move everything I want to my flash drive except for my old Splinter Cell Chaos Theory game saves (my only original Xbox game).

When I load the game I'm not prompted for a save location (the choose a device prompt).  Okay, I think, that's fine, it's an original Xbox game, I'll just play a bit and move the save from the harddrive over to the flash drive later.

But no, I find the game save data in the Memory section of the 360's system settings as you might expect, but for "File Options", the only option is "Delete".  No "Copy", no "Move", just "Delete".  What?  Why not?  That friggen sucks.

Is there some way I can save my old xbox game data to a location other than the harddrive?  PLEASE?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

You're out of luck - I have asked this before and as far as I could ascertain, original Xbox saves are NOT transferred over. I forgot that when I updated to a slim - bye bye, Halo saves. Darnit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Evans Fournier"]Tray this[/quote]That's all well and good, but it only applies to XBOX 360 saves. This thread is asking about moving original XBOX/XBOX Originals save game files, not 360 titles.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tray this use a flash usb say 4Go  insert this one to the old xbox goto memory in the old xbox the xbox should ask in you to format the new hard drive accept it after that goto you game playing you want to move copy it to the new usb flash. When all you game setting are safe shut it down remove the usb flash to the new one. All you have to do is copy it to the new xbox. That simple.  

Sorry this didn't help.

The old file transfer software did it, but it moved EVERYTHING and erased the old drive afterward.

There's no other supported way to move original XBOX saves.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to move my old xbox game saves also.  

Sorry this didn't help.

As far as I know there is no way to move XBox original saves to a new storage device.

Sorry this didn't help.