moving my hard drive back and forth

ok so in the past month I have been hit with a number of problems on my Xbox slim well being disconnected randomly so In turn I have to move my hard drive from the slim Xbox to my old elite and this is done to keep my 3 year old son from playing my cod games I have in my elite so my question is well I was told from a friend that I could be banned for moving my hard drive every night to my elite and yes these r both my systems I know I am needing to get another hard drive but I choose to keep all info on this hard drive instead of putting my hard drive in my elite and recovering my profiles .... so the real questions are can I recover my accounts on the slime cause my son plays a number of games I have bought  under my profile on the slim and keep all the profiles on the hard drive in the elite or can I just do it the way I am doing it I really don't want to get any trouble thrown onto my account seeing it is a family electronic thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

it should be fine because you are not doing anything against the code of conduct.        I keep my profile on a flash drive and transfer saves and my profile between 2 xboxes and i never been banned so you should be good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This thread explains the consequences of connecting an original 360 HDD to a 360 S and vice versa.[quote user="US TROLLFORCE"]it should be fine because you are not doing anything against the code of conduct.[/quote]Sure he is. he's moving an original 360 HDD back and forth between an original 360 and a 360 S.[quote]I keep my profile on a flash drive and transfer saves and my profile between 2 xboxes and i never been banned so you should be good.[/quote]A USB flash is perfectly acceptable. HDDs between console generations is not, at least not when used as a HDD on both.

One alternative would be to use a Transfer Cable, but that requires copying the data to/from the Transfer Cable device to whatever storage device the console has as the Transfer Cable device cannot be used by games or the console. It can only be accessed from the Storage submenu.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.