Moving Halo 1 and 2 Saved games to USB

I own 2 Xbox 360's.  1 Oringal (waited overnight in the rain) and 1 of the new 4gb slim models.  I have taken the original 20gb HD and put it in the Slim and have upgraded the original console with a 250gb HD i purchased from newegg.

Now using tools the 250gb has all the original data that the 20 has.  So in the living room I can play Halo 2/1 saved games (I'm reworking through 2 now, then 3 before I touch reach).  However, the other night I wanted to play in the bedroom, so I popped in my trusty USB storage device to move the saved game off.  I can't.  Hmmmmm, I use the USB storage so that I can play in both rooms but be at the same place I was.

So I go into the bedroom, it still has the 20gb with my Original Saved games, I figure sure I might have to replay some, but it should be close.  No guess what, Halo 2 uses the internal 4GB HD not the 20GB.  I can't even select which storage device I want to use when Halo 2 boots up.

Is there any way to get saved games onto USB device and/or get Halo 2 to recognize a different storage device?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 246 Applies to:

with all original xbox games you must have a hd to run the xbox originals emulator

the 4gig is usb memory (flash)

you need to install a 250gig hd into the xbox

wait is it an offical xbox hd the 250gig or a laptop hd?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

btw i think you can only save original xbox games saves to HD not flash

Sorry this didn't help.

I think this is what the kids call a ProTip: don't admit to hardware tampering on the forums.

Original Xbox game saves can't be moved. "Using tools" to get your original Xbox saves on two different consoles is a different kind of unauthorized access/ tampering; don't admit to that, either.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK. Original Xbox games can't be moved.  That really blows.  Is it all original Games?

BTW ty for tip didn't know those things were against the rules.  Sorry about that.  I hope I don't get banned.  It's not modded.  Well I'm dumb.  Live and learn I guess.

To the other guy, the 4gig maybe flash memory but the Xbox must see it as the "first" or original HD, since Halo 2 automatically selects it.

Sorry this didn't help.

You will want to read this OP, then remove the HDD from your console or risk having your console and/or account banned from LIVE permanently.

You will need to purchase an official MS HDD designed for use with the 's' model 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

i'm staying out of this one due to the TOU issue

and because you are using flash memory on a iffy HD

i don't know how that would affect the halo

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Corscadden"]However, the other night I wanted to play in the bedroom, so I popped in my trusty USB storage device to move the saved game off.  I can't.  Hmmmmm, I use the USB storage so that I can play in both rooms but be at the same place I was.[/quote]Original XBOX games and Marketplace XBOX Originals are unable to store save game data on 360 Original Memory Units or USB Memory Units. The functionality has never been available.

The only way in the past to Move original XBOX game saves was the hard drive transfer software that came on CD. The HDD migration process, a long time ago, used to do a complete copy of all data on the Source drive to the Destination drive. After the copy, the software ERASED the Source drive, so it was a Move-only process, not a copy. Game saves would work, DLC would not (DLC's bound to the original XBOX serial number or console ID. The concept of a gamertag license doesn't exist in original XBOX Live).

There has never been an official method to Copy original XBOX game save content.[quote]Is there any way to get saved games onto USB device and/or get Halo 2 to recognize a different storage device?[/quote]No.

In the case of Halo and Halo 2, I would not put it past Microsoft and 343 to remaster Halo 2 for the 360, just as they've done for Halo (comes out in November).

Sorry this didn't help.