Moving from USA to UK - Will US xbox live account work on uk console

Hi,

Two folded question. We have a US Xbox 360 and a US Xbox Live account. We're moving to the UK to live for 2 years. We have ALREADY purchased a UK Xbox 360 as we have read that a USA Xbox 360 will not work on UK power even with converter + UK NTSC format TV's.

Q1 - Irrespective of wheter it's true or not, we're going to risk taking the US Xbox console with us in case we can get it to work in the UK, but does anyone have any experience or advise on taking a US Xbox to the UK and getting it to work especially with Xbox live (I heard it would be blocked...?)

Q2 - What do we do with my son's US xbox live account. It's due for renewal next week. Do we renew it ahead of moving to the UK and will it then be usable in the UK either on a UK xbox or USA xbox physically in that country. Or do we basically have to start from scratch with a new UK Xbox live account on the UK Xbox????

Big thanks for any guidance you can provide as we are really confused...#

Tks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 265 Applies to:

q1, I don't think you can get it to work at all due to the issue your speaking of, I could be worng though.

q2, your son can still play on xbox live, you just need to make sure you are able to purchase xbox live while you are here, the card will be decline when you move to the uk because of the billing adress changing. your best bet is to fo to amazon.com and purchase 2 12month subscription codes, for 49.99. they email them to you right away and you can apply it to the account so he will be able to have xbox live for the next 2 years. you will not be able to use UK content though on your US account, like sky tv.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, PSM! Yes, you can a US gamertag on a UK console. However, please be mindful that if the region to which your account is registered does not match your physical region you may encounter issues. I would highly recommend creating a new gamertag registered to the UK as its region for use while you are living there. This will make sure you are able to take full advantage of LIVE without issue.

Hope this helps! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

you can do that with no problem, been doing it for years man, i asked customer support 1st to make sure, they told me i can do it with no problem, i just changed location from usa to uk :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Your US 360 (NTSC signal) would not work on a UK TV (PAL signal), however your account will work on your UK 360.  Your US account will not be able to access the UK features (Lovefilm and the like) I imagine, and if you want to use a Microsoft Points card, you would most likely need to get a card for the region your account is from.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if this question has been resolved yet, but you can take your usa xbox to the UK all you need to do is to order a UK plug to replace the usa one..  You don't need too replace the transformer as it excepts 110-240v...  And 95% of UK Tv's play ntsc 60hz..  plus if you us hdmi it doesn't matter...

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ozman50"]I don't know if this question has been resolved yet, [/quote]

Congrats you just bumped a post from June. Please look at  the posting date before posing

Thanks,

Sage

Sorry this didn't help.

I live in Australia but its set to uk and I cant purchase XBL is there wany way I can change it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there ShabbyLeech0! For more information on your inquiry your best bet is to contact chat or phone support! They'll be able to assist you with region questions. :)

Sorry this didn't help.