Moving from US to Canada

Hello, I recently relocated from the US to Canada, my XBox Live account was setup while I was in the US with my US address.

My question is, is it possible to chance the country associated with my account?

I would like to be able to access some of the new features however when my xbox last updated it updated with the US update (providing Verizon and Comcast video instead of the Roger's video service I would be able to view in Canada)  - or is there a way for me to update my xbox with the Canadian apps.

Thank you,

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Unfortunately there is no way at the moment to migrate your account from the USA to Canada.

-

Your only option at present to get Canadian features would be to create a new Canadian account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you.

My question with creating a canadian account is how would that work with both a US and a Canadian account on the same system?  Is it possible to cancel my current account so that i can recreate the same gamer tag in Canada?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

You could change the gamertag of your present account, which would cost 800 Microsoft Points, and use the new free name for the Canadian account.

-

A US and Canadian account could exist quite happily on your 360. Indeed you could use the Canadian account for purchasing DLC which you could then play on your US account.

-

To be honest though since your account seems to be quite new it would be easier just to create a Canadian account and do the name change if you wanted to keep it.

Sorry this didn't help.