Moving from Canada to Germany and need some help

So I have done some searching online, but it tough to find answers because of the amount of stuff I have to filter through, so I am making this post to aid my search.

I am moving from Canada to Germany for 1 year and I am going to want an xbox during that time since it is one of my bigger hobbies. I have a few questions that I need answers to (I put everything I could think of, but any other pieces of information would be appreciated):

-I plan on just bringing my hard drive with me. Will my hard drive work in a German console? (I have the new console)

-If the above does not work any tips on how to get a Canadian bought xbox to work in Germany would be appreciated (power converters, etc).

-If I get a German console will my games play in it?

-I know you can't switch regions, so I don't plan on trying to do that. But will my existing account work properly over in Germany?

-Will I still have access to Canadian DLC and deals over in Germany and be able to use my Canadian points to purchase them?

-Can I use existing DLC on a German console?

Thanks for all your help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Since you are moving to a new Region, You will not be able to update the region on your account for billing purposes on the account.

The Canada account will be able to be use on a German console, it will only have access to the Canadian Market place.

The hard drive will work in a German console.

You will be able to download all your DLC to the German console if need be (but should not be with you taking the HD)

You can purchase a 220V PSU by contact phone support (It is not sold on the website that I know of) This will allow you to play the CN console there.

If you purchase a German game It May Not Work in your CN console, check to see if it region free before purchasing.

Play-Asian.com keeps a running list.

If you need points/Live Sub, you will have to have a friend in CN purchase and give you the code.

Think that covers just about all of it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

^^^^^nice job

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.