Moving Friends Profile to my Xbox Live Gamertag

For a few months I've been playing Diablo III with my friend on his Xbox console under a profile he created for me. I finally just got my own Xbox 360 and created an Xbox live account with a new Gamertag/profile. I want to be able to play Diablo with him online, but i don't want to lose all the work I've done. I don't know how to get my old saved game profile/data added to my new Xbox live gamertag/profile. I know how to copy the old profile from his hard drive to mine, but I want to use that profile/data online. Is there a way to "mesh" the two profiles into one, or is there another way I can go about this. I just want to be able to pickup where we left off, but online. Thanks! - Hide

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Nothing can be transferred between accounts and accounts can't be merged. You'd have to use the old account in order to pick up where you left off or start over with the new account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If I move the old profile over to my HD, can I use it online, or will only my xbox live profile/gamertag work online?

Sorry this didn't help.

On the 360 gold subscriptions will only work on the account they were added to. So you would need to add a gold subscription to the old account in order to play online.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bummer.  Afraid u might say that. Ok, I guess It might be easier to cancel this account then and add a new gold acct to the old profile once I get it copied to my HD. Whole point was to be able to play this with him online anyways. Thanks!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.