Moving a Gamertag to another account without an Xbox

I currently do not have an Xbox as my last one died.  I won't have the money for a little while to replace it.  However, in the meantime I would like to move my gamertag from my current account to another microsoft account.  I still play on Windows8 and Windows Phone.  I am one of the folks who immediately went out and snagged a great oulook.com address and it has quickly become my most used account for all my Microsoft services.  I want to transfer my gamertag to this new account, but do not have an Xbox to follow the instructions found here:  http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Does anyone know if this can be done without an Xbox.  I've tried via the account settings in the account online with no luck.  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

There does not appear to be a way online at this time. If you can access a friend's console and download your profile to it long enough to transfer it, I would suggest that. If not, call 1-800-4MY-XBOX, and they may be able to do it for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's just like Balverine said.  Phone Support will not be able to make the swap though- you'll want to use a friend's console to get it done. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.