Moved XBOX Live Account to Flash Drive and now XBox doesn't see the files?

I am writing this for my 11 year old son. A few weeks ago he purchased an XBox flash drive. He moved his entire account/profile (?), even our Netflix account, onto this flash drive. He plugged the flash drive into my laptop,  moved the files onto the computer. He couldn't figure out how to do what he wanted to do.  (Mod his profile, I now know, and I now know that that is not okay to do!). Anyway, he moved the files off the PC and back onto the flash drive. Plugged it into the XBox and we can't see them.

He can plug it back into my PC and we can see the files and move them and whatnot. But when he plugs them into the XBox, it doesn't see them. Or we are looking in the wrong place, but I don't think so. He has moved the files before to take over to a friends house and had no problem putting them back on.

Can someone help? He thinks he needs to go buy a brand new Live membership and profile and all. There has got to be something we are not doing to recover these files...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

It's not working because you're not supposed to do that.

You can recover his gamertag on the Xbox but nothing will be modded. And if he does mod it in the future, expect a permanent ban and he will lose everything he once downloaded and will need to buy all of them again if he wishes to access them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know, I know, I know! I have asked this question in several places and EVERYONE has told me he cannot do this. He actually never accomplished what he was trying to do. He is 11 and has no clue how to do it, though he tried. So, nothing was ever changed on the actual files. He now knows he will lose everything if he ever tries this again.

So, anyway, how can we recover his gamertag?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sign out of any gamertags, then press the Guide Button and select Recover Gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's been 3 weeks or so and he is dancing around, a very happy boy, now! We just didn't know where to go for the answer! Now we do!

Sorry this didn't help.

No worries, glad I could help, but remember -no modding.

Sorry this didn't help.