move stuff between accounts

Heya,

I didn't really know how to put it but here's the thing: I have 2 accounts. The one I'm using to post this is the one I actually wanted to use, but I managed to get Xbox Live Gold on the other one so I have been (involuntarily nearly) playing with that one for over a year, and thus collecting gamerscore, achievements and microsoft points on that account. Now my Gold membership is finally about to run out and I want to buy Gold on this account, but then I'd lose all the things I've collected on the other account last year.

I know I can move my gamertag to a different microsoft account but what I really want is to move everything from the 'wrong' account to this gamertag + microsoft account so I can just go on playing without having to start all over again. The only way I've found so far is moving my other gamertag to this other microsoft account, then deleting this account and renaming the other one. Next to the fact that I think there should be an easier way, I also think it's ridiculous that I would have to pay to keep the things I have now (both the name I want to use and all my achievements and such are mine anyway so why pay to put them together as 1)

so my question is, is there any other way for me to do this, or is there any way a microsoft employee could help me with this issue. My Xbox Live Gold membership on my other account is due to run out on 18/04/2013 so I'd kinda like to have it fixed before then. 

Thanks a million,
Peacehorses 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You cannot combine accounts.  Nothing can be moved between accounts.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Like Homegrown said, you cant combine them...

but you were on the right track as far as the closest thing you could do.

You could unlink PeaceHorse from the windows I.D and then move you current gold account to this I.D and then change the name to something as close to Peace Horse since you wouldnt be able to use the same exact name.

Sorry this didn't help.

You cannot transfer items between accounts!

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't transfer items between gamertags. What are you trying to avoid? Do you not know the password to the one with the Live account? Dont' like the gamertag? Changing the WLID between two gamertags support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know it's frustrating, but unfortunately the reason it's so annoying is because of hackers. The 30 day rule is so they can't change the one thing that encompasses your account, it's your login credentials for one.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

Kimberlu, I have all information for both accounts, email, password etc., it's really that I just don't like the gamertag. I've been using peacehorses since forever but managed to get Gold on the other account, which was stupid but I wasn't going to buy another year's worth of xbox live gold on peacehorses as well. But now I have all my stuff on the other account (achievements, gamerscore etc.). And I'm not sure, but wouldn't be surprised, if the online passes would only be valid on the account I'm using now so I'd have to buy all of them again as well when I buy xbox live gold on peacehorses.

Is there any way for me to permanently delete peacehorses and then rename the other account to peacehorses, or will I never be able to rename it to peacehorses anyway?

I don't believe what you're saying about hackers by the way, it's all about money, think everyone knows that and it disgusts me, but there's not really anything I can do about that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

have you tried to see if you are able to get a refund when you are cancelling the xbox live gold subscription on the 'incorrect' account, so you are able to buy a new subscription for the 'correct' account?

For any refund questions you will need to contact Xbox Support, to contact them use support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Heya,

thanks very much for your answer but the Xbox Live Gold already ran out. I've been using it on the other account because I didn't know about moving it to my own account back then. I think there's nothing left for me to do than to rename it to something else and move it to my current WLID.

Thanks everyone for your answers anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.