Most EPIC Collectors Edition in the history of EPIC!!

Celebrations continue in Europe for Sonic the Hedgehog’s 20th anniversary with an impressive collector’s edition for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 versions of the upcoming Sonic Generations game.

The Sonic Generations Collectors Edition combines limited edition collectables based on the upcoming game, as well as assets handpicked by Sonic Team to celebrate Sonic’s 20th Anniversary, which provide the ultimate celebration of Sonic for fans new and old.

Included in the collector’s edition is a collectable figurine featuring both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic, an exclusive, individually numbered commemorative “Gold Ring”, and a “20 Years of Sonic Art” book, containing never before seen sketches and images from the past 20 years.  Also contained in the Collector’s Edition are the ‘20th Anniversary Sonic Soundtrack’ featuring a selection of tracks handpicked by Sonic Team, and the ‘History of Sonic: Birth of an Icon’ documentary, an exclusive collection of interviews and footage charting Sonic’s life from inception through to becoming one of the most iconic characters in videogame history. Limited edition lenticular packaging and bonus additional downloadable content for the game are the final components that make up this unique collector’s edition for Sonic Generations.

Sonic Generations will be available in November 2011 on Xbox 360, and PlayStation3. The game will also be released on the Nintendo 3DS system.

Note: This collector’s edition will only be available in Europe and Australia.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looks like standard stuff for a CE but with a completely laughable price tag, just as bad as the price tags for the CoD prestige editions/Skyrim collectors edition.

Sonic has been bad for god knows how long now anyway, not falling victim to the sonic cycle again. 

You would have to be a serious Sonic fan to get that - showing at £85.52 on Amazon !!!! and that's already reduced from the RRP of £99.99

im sure the price can be find cheaper depending on where you look, the brand isnt as big as say Mario so chances are a deal can be had. but it is a very well thought out collectors edition, and something to mark a moment in Video Games history

Not for me, but I'm not a sonic fan, I expect the Sonic fans will lap it up, if it was a Gears or Halo collectors edition I would go for it.

Nice but expensive

I loved the older sonics, but the demo of generations didn't really do it for me. Just felt unresponsive, so not 100% sure on getting the game or not. I know it was an unfinished version but still. With the amount coming out in November already, Sonic collectors edition (and the normal one) will have to wait abit for me.

I came into this thread expecting it to be something to do with Gears of War.

Im still slightly undecided. If it wasnt so close to Christmas i would 100% pick up a copy.

And i really do like sonic. I grew up playing Sonic.

[quote user="yrag86"]

Im still slightly undecided. If it wasnt so close to Christmas i would 100% pick up a copy.

And i really do like sonic. I grew up playing Sonic.

[/quote]

Same for me...Sorry Assassins creed looks like ill get the standard edition of you...Unless that is I get that Birthday Mooooonay!

But hey! This one actually looks good! It has all that classic Sonic gameplay that you love! And no annoying friends (yet)!!