More than one console

We are thinking about upgrading to the family pack, but have one question about this. We have two consoles. Can we use two consoles in a family pack, or can there only be one console used? Right now we only have one console on this account. The other console has not been set up at XBox Live yet.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You can use as many consoles as accounts in the FGP. You will need to add the accounts to the FGP on one console first then you can move them to another console as you see fit.

Just be aware that download content is licensed to the gamer tag that downloaded it and to the console it was downloaded to. Just an FYI.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Dead Man Gamer8"]Can we use two consoles in a family pack, or can there only be one console used?[/quote]There is no linkage between consoles and accounts for the purposes of account usage. Any account can be used on any 360 console (assuming Parental Controls permit the account's access if it's an under-age account).

Let me repeat that: Any XBOX Live account can be used on any 360 console. There is nothing that binds a Live account to a specific console or set of consoles.

The only time the console matters is with respect to purchased DLC. DLC comes with two licenses, a console license and a gamertag license. The console license is bound to the first console that the DLC is downloaded to. That console then permits any account access to the content. The gamertag license works no matter what console the purchasing gamertag logs into.

I own nine consoles. I can use my account on any of the consoles at any time. I keep my gamertag and game saves on a USB memory stick just so I can move it around to whichever console I feel like using.

Sorry this didn't help.