Monitor with Multiple Devices connected.

Hey guys, running into an issue connecting my Xbox 360 console to my Acer H243H Monitor via HDMI (Sound via Adapter).

The issue I'm having is when I have my PC and Xbox both connected to my monitor at the same time (PC via DVI). My Xbox sound will play, but I receive no video signal. When I disconnect my PC, the Xbox video shows up. My knowledge of video sourcing is very limited, and I'm at wit's end trying to figure this out. Countless Youtube videos and support forums have lead me nowhere. 

Is there a way I can have my PC and Xbox connected to my monitor, while still using my audio adapter? (I get both audio and video through monitor still with HDMI, but it seems to clash somewhere amidst the HDMI, DVI, and Audio Adapter. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-Munkfist

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

hi munkfist,  i don't really know your monitor but know that most pc monitors don't have a channel select (like a tv) so it automatically selects which input to use so what you are wanting to do i cant see a way as such.  

If your pc has a HDMI output then you could use a switch box and have both running through that to your monitor other than that (or if you can find a switch box that will run DVI and HDMI) you'll have to un-hook the computer from the monitor while you play xbox :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can switch my inputs, but upon switching to my Xbox HDMI source, the Xbox reboots.

Upon further research, it looks like my AV dongle is the issue, supposedly it'll only work using the Official Xbox AV Dongle, and not my Turtle Beach. :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.