Molyneux: Xbox One Without Kinect Is Inevitable

http://time.com/#53470/molyneux-xbox-one-without-kinect-is-inevitable/

[quote]I actually wish Kinect wasn’t a requirement. It feels like an unnecessary add-on to me. Maybe it’s because we’re in England, and it doesn’t really use the TV stuff, but it feels more and more like a joke. My son and I sit there saying random things at it, and it doesn’t work. They could cost-reduce it [by removing Kinect]. I’m sure they’re going to release an Xbox One without Kinect. It would be unthinkable that they wouldn’t.[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So some ex Microsoft nobody thinks it should be dropped to save money, even tho on Amazon it was cheaper then the ps4 with a game.

Oh and in the article they say no UK tv integration? As I watch virgin media through my TV.. lol fail

just another steaming pile of Molyneux...

Time will tell I guess. I stand by what I said in another thread but I hope they don't sell it separately. A lot of people that were unsure about it ended up really enjoying it and I like to think that if people are forced to at least have the option of trying it, that it will become a lot more than what the 360 Kinect was. I understand that people want rid of it but the above is just my preference :)

Say what you want about the guy but his statement is right. It's only a matter of time before they remove the anchor named Kinect.

Remember Siri not understanding people but with all the updates etc it is so much better, now imagine everyone with kinect and cortana adding to that data pool, soon these "xbox on" bugs will be a thing of the past.

I would bet a paycheck they will eventually offer a Kinect-less U.P.C.. When it was first announced the Kinect would be mandatory, I hated the idea and was NOT going to buy the new system; certain policy changes reversed my decision. I like the Kinect now for voice controls/Skype, though have no hope for a game being made that would interest me; but that's O.K..

Peace, J.R.

Won't happen no matter what PS Fanboys say.

The only value in the Kinect is as a media controller and things like the Amazon Fire are offering all the same functions at a lower cost and it's supposed to have voice controls that work!  There even taking digs at the Kinect.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/02/amazon-firetv-review

No surprise here our the X Box One faithful turn on Molyneux because he has different views on the Kinect.  You should be ashamed of your selves, how quickly you forget the Fable franchise.  

You should be more respectful towards Mr Molyneux even if he has different views to yours.  I think he's right too but not this year.  As a developer at Lionhead he knows more about the Kinect then all of you.

2015 a Kinnectless X Box One anyone ?

Deedles do you not use the voice features in game like bf4 "medic" etc? I use it all the time so handy. :)