MOH: Warfigher Freeze

I was playing through the MOH: Warfighter campaign last night (I just now bought the game on sale), when I died in the middle of the mission.  I hit the option to restart from checkpoint.  However the next loading screen never came up.  It just sat there.  After about a minute or so I tried pressing the guide button.  Nothing happened.  My whole console was frozen.  I had to power off my xbox by pressing the button.  Now my question is, will this harm my Xbox in any way?  I know that on a PC,  if something like this happens it can damage components.  Also, on a pc system some data may be messed up on the hard drive due to it accessing other data.  Is this the case with xbox?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

BUMP!!!! Sorry but within an hour I was on the third page...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Primenay!

No need to bump your thread. We work from the oldest thread to the newest, so bumping your thread pushes you farther down.

As to your question though, you should be okay. I've had a game freeze on my console before as well and no harm was done. Have you tried playing on your console since the freeze? Do other games function normally on the console? How about MoH: Warfighter?

Let us know if you experience any more freezes and we'll investigate the source of the issue with you. =)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I am sorry about that I forgot.  I have only had one other freeze the whole time I have had this console.  It is the xbox 360 S 250GB.  The reason I was concerned was because I know from working with computers that if the HDD is writing data or reading it then a hard shutdown (which is what I had to do because I couldn't even bring up the guide), will corrupt data on the hard drive.  My question is, would this freeze in MOH corrupt any other game data on my console?

Sorry this didn't help.

You know, there is always a possibility a freeze could corrupt the data, especially when the HDD is being read/written too. It's hard to give a definitive answer, because it really depends on the situation, the health of the HDD, etc..

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much for your replies.  I appreciate your thoughts.  Maybe it would be something to ask EA.  I guess I am worried because this is the first time my Xbox has completely frozen up to where I had to press the power button.  The only other time it froze was on BF3, but with that freeze, I simply went back to the dashboard.   This one I couldn't do anything on the console.  I just wanted to make sure all my installed games and downloaded content will be ok.  I am OCD and this would cause me to delete everything and start fresh (format the HDD) for worry of corrupted files.  If there is no possiblity that it would affect other games than I would be ok with just reinstalling MOH and nothing else.  But it sounds like it may have corrupted other files too.

Sorry this didn't help.