Modern Warfare 3 Details leaked

Modern Warfare 3 Details Leaked

*WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW*

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is set to release November 8, 2011 with a total of 3 developers working on it including Infinity Ward, Raven Software, and Sledgehammer Games. Sounds kind of off putting since Modern Warfare 2's lack of patches and Black Ops being over-hyped has put the CoD scene to a stand still. Today, over at Kotaku, information on Modern Warfare 3 has been leaked. From Locations you will be visiting, to characters you will play as, even as far as multiplayer details.

Modern Warfare 3 picks up right where you left off in Modern Warfare 2. The United States is under attack by Russian forces, Vladimir Makarov is still on the loose, and Soap, Price and Nikolai are on the run. Thats as far as I will tell you guys as to not spoil the game anymore, but if you are interested in finding out what happens during the game head over to Kotaku where more details and spoilers of the campaign are located.

MW3 will be set in a vast array of locations:

• Dharmasala, India
  • New York, New York
  • A plane transporting the president of Russia
  • A town in Sierra Leone
  • London, England
  • Mogadishu, Somalia
  • Hamburg, Germany
  • Paris, France
  • Prague, Czech Republic
  • A castle in the Czech mountains
  • Berlin, Germany
  • The Kremlin in Moscow, Russia
  • Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  • Washington. D.C.

The single-player campaign will bounce around world and let players take on roles such as a SAS Operative, AC-130 gunner, a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, a tank gunner, as well as key characters from past games and new characters as well. The game will have a total of about 15 missions.

Spec Ops is back. Thank goodness! There are two different types of game modes for Spec Ops. Mission and Survival. No information was given on the two game modes besides the name of the missions.

Mission Mode:

• Civilian Rescue
  • Flood The Market
  • Invisible Threat
  • Little Bro's
  • Out of Africa
  • No Fly Zone
  • Wing Man

Survival Mode:

• Carbon
  • Dome
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Village

As far as multiplayer maps there are a reported 20 maps set for MW3. Whether some are going to be saved for DLC or not was not stated.

Here is the list of all the map names:

• Alpha
  • Alps
  • Bootleg
  • Bravo
  • Brooklyn
  • Carbon
  • Coast
  • Dome
  • Exchange
  • Hardhat
  • Interchange
  • Lambeth
  • Meteora
  • Mogadishu
  • Paris
  • Plaza 2
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Underground
  • Village

*Sources*
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/13/modern...re-3-leak/
http://kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-war...me-of-2011

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

*insert random comment about it being milked and MP being turd*

As much as im going to hate the game i do indeed look forward to yet another Single player (ive liked the last few though they are short) can only hope this one is much longer and harder

MP of course will be abused for the first month or two though i suspect BF3 shall have my full attention!

I wont be jumping on the hype train...i'll probably get it but definitely not on release.

Really? I'd heard this:

MW3 the hotly anticipated sequel to 2009’s MW2 is expected to release in November.

Few details of the game have been released, an announcement at E3 in June is expected to throw more light on the game.

So far what we know is mainly based on speculation, but this is what we think we know so far about the single player.

It will be a set in a timeframe between MW1 and MW2. The CIA investigates the mid-air theft of a space shuttle and discovers a plot to commit global genocide. The British government pledge their support.

The main character will be John McTavish ‘Soap’ from the other two games and he will be accompanied by Gary Sanderson ‘Roach’ and  Simon Riley ‘Ghost’, who were both in MW2 and one other squad member Paul Foley a Gulf War veteran, and a survivor of previous conflicts.

You will also get to play some sections as an American sniper on a snowboard! These sections require use of the board controller from Tony Hawks Ride.

Entirely new sections never before seen in a FPS game. For instance one where your squad has to disguise themselves a rock stars and pull off a performance live on Russian national TV! This section requires use of the Guitar Hero instruments.

Can you beat the top score when you take part in the secret and controversial No Percussion level DJ set against one of Al Qaeda’s top mixmaster terrorists? Twin DJ Hero turntables required.

Single player campaign to last approximately 40-45 minutes, maybe an hour or so if you stop for a wee and a drink.

So it looks like Activision have really pushed the boat out with this one. Apparently there is a special edition that includes all the required peripherals and a bonus decoy duck and duck call for around £349 being released.

So some differences...

Sorry 'bout the formatting, new forums have me beat....Grrr!

I managed to have a look on Kotaku earlier and the game looks pretty good. Might get it.
I am a sucker for Call of duty titles, i just enjoy the lucidity of gameplay. Also this one is being worked on ym Sledgehammer, BeachHead and IW. I think it may be very good, i will probably wait for reviews though, however the story of the game has been unfolding and also looks quite riveting. Hopefully it will be a turning point and maybe avoid the mass hacking. I think they should do a closed public beta, allowing certain members of the public to come play and test.

Looks forward to seeing how things unfold.

Now if it was like this, I might be interested LOL!!  

Looking forward to this, But doubt I will have the cash to buy.

^new batman , skyrim, fifa 12 and this are gonna bankrupt me !

oh and battlefeild ... but may wait and keep mw3 as my fix till jan ...

gonna save £200 for november :)

as for mw3, im gonan get it 1st day ... i tend to ignore the "milk" comments. if your bored or hate cod  just dont buy it ... we dont need to hear it ... :) tho saying that i honestly didnt mind mw2 so just more of the same ..

I only play the Call of Duty games for the campaign and the Modern Warfare ones are easily the best. That said I'll go into this one with some scepticism. All the messing around with IW may have taken it's toll (I hope not but who knows).

After buying MW2 and Black Ops instantly this time I'll be renting the next CoD game before I waste my cash on this over hyped substandard, broken trash of a franchise.

I do hope it rekindles that cod4 magic... doubtful though.