Modern warefare 3 Hardened Edition

I usually dont buy the special editions but is this 1 worth it, the call of duty elite is worth about £30 and just under £50 for the game and the rest of the gumpf.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Lol it's probably one of the most worthless limited/collectors editions out there, in terms of what they expect you to pay anyway.

Although I am buying the Hardened Edition to be able to get all the DLC - I can't see how this isn't an overflated version of what EA did with Bad Company 2 and VIP codes for access to DLC all year... Activision have taken the same concept, thrown in a few online competitions, videos and extra stats...

I still can't wait for it though, but if EA was doing the same with Battlefield 3 I'd buy that too...

Is the Hardened Edition for those having problems with their E-peen? Name seems fitting doesn't it? :p

There is a reason why they have put a free years subscription to Elite Service into this hardened edition. £40 for standard game, £35 for the years subscription...= cost of Hardened Edition...if you are going to be getting both, then the Hardened edition is the logical choice just for that, regardless of what other bits of tat come with it

I can't believe you are being charged a yearly subsciption on top of Xbox Live. Good job it's entirely optional.

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

I can't believe you are being charged a yearly subsciption on top of Xbox Live. Good job it's entirely optional.

[/quote]

Lol COD wannabees will still buy it. Activision is demanding more money!

Another reason I'm buying hardened is to get the DLC early. Cod Elite Subscribers will get access to DLC on a monthly basis where as non Subscribers have to wait a bit longer for DLC packs... there is just no way I can have people playing on new Maps first without me haha

My boyfriend is getting me this for our second anniversary. One of the main reasons I wanted it was because of the DLC offer on the COD elite subscription. I'm quite looking forward to this game all round so I'm really happy I'm getting this.

I was acctually slightly looking forward to MW3. That was until I saw the multiplayer gameplay. It looks like it plays exactly like MW2. I understand that you don't bring a spanner to something that doesn't need fixed (I think that's the expression) but it's surely you would upgrade it but it doesn't even look upgraded. The only things that are attracting me to this game are the campaign, which I'm hoping will be good (also hoping it's the last MW story) and Spec Ops which looks great fun to play with friends.

We'll see how the game faires out over the next few months up to release date but so far I'm not too impressed. Also I can understand this Elite thing but I won't be paying for it simply because I will get the DLC on Deal of the Week eventually anyway. I'm not paying anymore money to greedy activision than I need to.

MW1 had one measly pack.  MW2 had ? i dont remember.  MW3 will wait 1 year for everybodies subscriptions to end then bring out dlc.  $