Modem wont Detect xbox 360 Console Help?!

Hey, so this is my first post and i just created a xbox live account (Gold 1 month Renewal) but the funny thing is when i try to plug my BRAND NEW cat5e ethernet cable into my modem (shown below) i dont get the little check in the top right hand corner of the Wired Network in network settings. The cable is completely fine and all ports in my Modem are working.. Im quite stumped.

Info:
Modem Brand: NETGEAR
Modem model number: CVG824G
Things you have tried: Restarting xbox and modem (and alot of yelling)
UnPuP: On
Do you have a NAT error?: No i cant even run the "Test xbox connection"
Any error codes?: Nope
ISP: Optus
Cant run xbox live connection because i cannot select Wired network because my modem isnt detecting my xbox or my xbox isnt detecting my modem.
P.S Im using an Xbox 360 Arcade

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Sand, so you're connecting your console to your modem via a brand-new Ethernet cable, correct, and your console isn't detecting the connection? I'm curious, is there another port of the modem you can try? Have you tried with a different cable, just to be sure the new one isn't faulty? Basically, we'll need to determine if the issue lies with the console or the modem at this point. Another thing to try would be connecting a laptop to the modem via Ethernet cable, to see if it can connect.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.